Hemailloginguru.com is a new tab replacer that appears when an extension called Email Login Guru is installed. It presents itself as a useful utility to help you access your email, however, it’s not truly helpful. In fact, it restricts how you can use your browser in order to be able to control which sites you visit. Hemailloginguru.com is created to advertise – it promotes affiliated clickbait sites, a partner search engine, and it logs user data. It’s recommended to remove Hemailloginguru.com.
Hemailloginguru Com New Tab quicklinks
- Hemailloginguru.com is a browser hijacker
- It makes unhelpful changes to web browsers
- It gets installed without permission
- How to stop Hemailloginguru.com redirects
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Remove browser hijackers
- How to remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from macOS
About Hemailloginguru.com in short:
|Threat type||Browser hijacker.|
|Problems with Hemailloginguru.com||It fails to offer useful features,
it promotes affiliated sites and displays ads on the new tab page,
it restricts browser customization.
|How to avoid new tab hijackers||Be careful when installing free programs and browser add-ons,
use anti-malware programs to protect your PC,
customize your browser and take advantage of all of its features.
|How to stop Hemailloginguru.com redirects||Uninstall Email Login Guru and other browser hijackers,
if needed, check your device for PUPs with an antivirus program (Spyhunter for PC, Combo Cleaner for Mac, others),
review your search engine and other preferences.
Hemailloginguru.com is a browser hijacker
It makes unhelpful changes to web browsers
If Hemailloginguru.com showed up on your screen, it must be because of the Email Login Guru browser extension. This extension promises to help you access your email and other services. But its main purpose is to collect data about its users and to show them ads.
When it comes to Email Login Guru’s features, it lacks them. It doesn’t help users reach their email any more than Google does.
Hemailloginguru.com changes the browser settings of its users in ways that do not help it deliver anything useful. It replaces the new tab page and the home page of the infected browser and does a few annoying things with it:
- Sometimes, it displays ads on the home page.
- It populates the home page with links to affiliated clickbait sites, such as Thenewscorner.org and Emailhelper.org.
- It does not allow the user to choose what search engine they want to use for the search bar.
- It doesn’t allow the user to pin their own links or to remove unwanted links.
Not to mention, it logs user data, such as your browsing history, and may share it with its advertising partners.
All in all, once Email Login Guru is installed, it arguably takes away features from the browser by restricting customization. Unlike good new tab replacers that add tools, widgets, and new functionality, all that Hemailloginguru.com does is promote ads and affiliate websites.
It gets installed without permission
Hemailloginguru.com is made by Eightpoint Technologies, the same company that made Hemailaccesshere.com, Hmyloginhub.co, Hpackagetrackerguru.com, and dozens of other browser new tab replacers. They all have the same limited functionality and restricting features. They’re made to advertise to users.
One way that these extensions get installed is by being bundled with free programs. They’re advertised inside the installers of various free programs. They might be included as offers to “enhance your browser”, or hidden with various mundane settings. It’s so easy to miss these offers. And because they’re installed by default, they just appear on your device unexpectedly.
Another way that new tab replacers like Hemailloginguru.com spread is by being advertised online. Search engine ads on sites like S3arch.page, ads designed to look like download buttons (How to Avoid Fake Ads Disguised as Fake Download Links). Sometimes, people think they have to install these extensions in order to keep browsing the site that they were on.
Eightpoint’s new tab extensions tend to be bundled with search hijackers, such as Hidemyhistory.co, Searchencrypt.com, and others. So, check your extensions and browser preferences – see if there are any more unwelcome guests.
How to stop Hemailloginguru.com redirects
Uninstall Email Login Guru and remove traces of Hemailloginguru.com from your browser settings.
Since Email Login Guru is likely to have been installed together with other adware infections, it’s recommended to scan your computer with an antivirus tool (such as Spyhunter for Windows, Combo Cleaner for macOS, etc.) and to manually check your apps and programs.
Below, you can find the instructions for changing your browser settings. Review your preferences for the default search engine, new tab, and home page. Also, check your notification settings and, if needed, block Hemailloginguru.com from sending you messages.
Here are a few things you can do to avoid hijackers like Hemailloginguru.com:
- Be careful when installing free programs. Select Advanced/Custom installation settings. Then, decline all optional offers and uncheck all the boxes that allow additional software to be installed.
- Don’t install browser extensions when you aren’t sure what they do. Some ads online make it seem like you have to install a certain browser add-on to continue browsing the web, but often, these ads are deliberately misleading.
- Use antivirus programs that recognize PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) and other mild threats. Some antivirus programs are more permissive, while others are more strict.
Though Hemailloginguru.com promises to help you access your email inbox, it does nothing but link to a few popular email providers. You can do it yourself – add shortcuts to your new tab page, save your login information, and you’re good. You don’t need to install an extension to do this – Customize Chrome’s New Tab Page, No Extensions Required.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Remove browser hijackers
How to remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Hemailloginguru.com New Tab install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Hemailloginguru.com New Tab . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Hemailloginguru.com New Tab easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from macOSDelete Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Hemailloginguru.com New Tab app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Hemailloginguru.com New Tab, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Hemailloginguru.com New Tab related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Hemailloginguru.com New Tab from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Hemailloginguru.com New Tab and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.