[ virus is a new version of Cryptowall ransomware that encrypts personal files and asks for $700 or 1.79 Bitcoints to be paid within 96 hours to decrypt them. If the users doesn’t do that, the ransom grows two times and becomes %1400 or 3.85 Bitcoins. It’s a 4th version of Cryptowall virus which first appeared in 2014.
HELP_YOUR_FILES virus is usually distributed using Nuclear Exploit Kit of this purposes. It employs “vastly improved” communications and better design code so that it can exploit more vulnerabilities. It can also enter computers through emails attachments. You may receive a notification from bank, an invoice or similar file. If you open it, the program immediately encrypts majority of your files. Usually it uses RC4 code to do that. As soon as it takes over your files, HELP_YOUR_FILES virus renames them using random combinations of letters and digits and displays a message on the infected computer:
As you see, the program tells you to pay $700 to get your files back. You should never do it, as it will not guarantee that your files will be recovered. If you have a backup of your data, it will help you a lot. You will have to remove HELP_YOUR_FILES virus and restore your files from a backup. If you don’t have a backup, you can try using one of these tools: Photorec or R-Studio. They may help you to get back what you lost.
Make sure you remove HELP_YOUR_FILES virus from your system as soon as possible.
To avoid Cryptowall ransomware, never open attachments of the emails from unknown senders. Also avoid browsing suspiciously looking websites. You never know, if by clicking on some hyperlink you will not start execution of an infection. Be more careful what what you are downlaoding to your system too. Beware that a lot of free applications may include bundles that are not always safe. Always opt for Custom installation mode and read Terms and Agreements of your freeware. Make sure you know if the application you are about to download doesn’t promote any optional programs. If so, disagree adding unknown ones.
Help_your_files Virus quicklinks
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- How to recover HELP_YOUR_FILES virus encrypted files and remove the virus
- Step 1. Restore system into last known good state using system restore
- 1. Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- 2.Restore System files and settings.
- Step 4. Use Data Recovery programs to recover HELP_YOUR_FILES virus encrypted files
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to recover HELP_YOUR_FILES virus encrypted files and remove the virus
Step 1. Restore system into last known good state using system restore
1. Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
for Windows 7 / Vista/ XP
- Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- Press F8 key repeatedly until Advanced Boot Options window appears.
- Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
for Windows 8 / 10
- Press Power at Windows login screen. Then press and hold Shift key and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- When it loads, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of Startup Settings.
2.Restore System files and settings.
- When Command Prompt mode loads, enter cd restore and press Enter.
- Then enter rstrui.exe and press Enter again.
- Click “Next” in the windows that appeared.
- Select one of the Restore Points that are available before HELP_YOUR_FILES virus has infiltrated to your system and then click “Next”.
- To start System restore click “Yes”.
Step 2. Complete removal of HELP_YOUR_FILES virusAfter restoring your system, it is recommended to scan your computer with an anti-malware program, like Spyhunter and remove all malicious files related to HELP_YOUR_FILES virus. You can check other tools here.
Step 3. Restore HELP_YOUR_FILES virus affected files using Shadow Volume CopiesIf you do not use System Restore option on your operating system, there is a chance to use shadow copy snapshots. They store copies of your files that point of time when the system restore snapshot was created. Usually HELP_YOUR_FILES virus tries to delete all possible Shadow Volume Copies, so this methods may not work on all computers. However, it may fail to do so. Shadow Volume Copies are only available with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. There are two ways to retrieve your files via Shadow Volume Copy. You can do it using native Windows Previous Versions or via Shadow Explorer. a) Native Windows Previous Versions Right-click on an encrypted file and select Properties → Previous versions tab. Now you will see all available copies of that particular file and the time when it was stored in a Shadow Volume Copy. Choose the version of the file you want to retrieve and click Copy if you want to save it to some directory of your own, or Restore if you want to replace existing, encrypted file. If you want to see the content of file first, just click Open.
b) Shadow Explorer It is a program that can be found online for free. You can download either a full or a portable version of Shadow Explorer. Open the program. On the left top corner select the drive where the file you are looking for is a stored. You will see all folders on that drive. To retrieve a whole folder, right-click on it and select “Export”. Then choose where you want it to be stored.
Step 4. Use Data Recovery programs to recover HELP_YOUR_FILES virus encrypted filesThere are several data recovery programs that might recover encrypted files as well. This does not work in all cases but you can try this:
- We suggest using another PC and connect the infected hard drive as slave. It is still possible to do this on infected PC though.
- Download a data recovery program.
- Install and scan for recently deleted files.