FromDocToPDF is a browser extension that promises a useful document converter in the form of a toolbar. However, FromDocToPDF is considered by some to be a browser hijacker – an unwanted or even malicious add-on that manipulates your browser to force you to visit unwanted webpages.
The FromDocToPDF hijacker is bad for privacy and it attempts to change your internet search habits. It may also get you to install other browser extensions, including Search Extension by Ask.
Fromdoctopdf Toolbar quicklinks
- Is FromDocToPDF Toolbar a virus?
- How FromDocToPDF malware is distributed
- Ways to remove the FromDocToPDF virus
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual guide for FromDocToPDF Toolbar removal
- How to remove FromDocToPDF using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove FromDocToPDF from macOS
About FromDocToPDF in short:
|Threat type||Browser hijacker,
|Is FromDocToPDF harmful?||It changes the settings of a browser,
it promotes websites on your home page,
it shows pop-up ads,
it logs user information.
|How it gets installed||It’s advertised online,
it’s installed bundled with other programs.
|How to remove FromDocToPDF||Remove all unwanted browser add-ons,
find and, if needed, remove malware from your device (with Spyhunter for PC, Combo Cleaner for Mac, Malwarebytes, others).
FromDocToPDF was created by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc./ Ask Applications. That alone is enough to suspect that FromDocToPDF is a browser hijacker. That’s because there are a lot of similar infections related to Mindspark – SMSfromBrowser, ConvertDocsOnline, YogaPoseOnline, and other extensions that are considered to be browser hijackers.
FromDocToPDF displays endless advertisements, promotes questionable web pages, and modifies browser settings. It promotes Search.myway.com, an already recognized rogue search engine.
If your computer is infected with FromDocToPDF, please continue reading the article – we can help you solve this problem and remove the hijacker efficiently.
Is FromDocToPDF Toolbar a virus?
The FromDocToPDF toolbar is a modification to your browser that you should not willingly choose to make. Even though the main goal of this extension seems nice – to help you convert files from one type to another – it does affect your privacy in a negative way, and it does cause more ads to show up in your browser.
FromDocToPDF causes your new tab page to be replaced with Fromdoctopdf.com. It also causes pop-up ads to appear on your screen in the form of notifications, as well as new browser tabs opening unexpectedly.
This FromDocToPDF Toolbar is capable of manufacturing never-ending advertising campaigns. Such promotional content can appear during various moments of your online sessions and disrupt on-going tasks.
Ads for third-party sites are posted by the FromDocToPDF toolbar on your screen. As FromDocToPDF can read your browsing history, it collects information about your browsing habits, which can be used to show you relevant ads.
Using the search engine that FromDocToPDF promotes, Myway, is also not a good idea. This site is ad-supported like most search engines, but its functionality is not good enough when compared with other sites. Protect your personal information and make sure that crooks are not able to reach your most precious data.
How FromDocToPDF malware is distributed
The FromDocToPDF toolbar can be downloaded from its official page or found on the Chrome Web Store. It’s advertised online on PDf converter sites, browser game sites, clipart sites, and others. Ads for FromDocToPDF might look like big green buttons that say “Start” or “Continue”.
You might just want a simple, convenient tool for file type conversion. Be that as it may, we do not recommend to get this browser extension. Operate with more trustworthy applications for converting services and most certainly do not use the search engine, propagated by this browser hijacker.
Better yet, use conversion tools that are built into the programs that you already own. Office and other programs can export documents as PDF files, you can find this function in the File menu in the upper left corner.
Of course, we cannot forget that, like many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), FromDocToPDF might have been installed without your knowledge or consent. This often happens thanks to optional offers, such as InstallCore. It is advised to always select advanced/custom modes for installation and to study all of the steps of Setup Wizards with caution. It is important to detect offers for optional software and make sure that no such content is receiving access to your computer without your permission.
Ways to remove the FromDocToPDF virus
Finally, how to get rid of this browser hijacker. You can use an anti-malware program, remove FromDocToPDF manually, or combine manual effort with the help of an antivirus tool.
Programs like Spyhunter for Windows, Combo Cleaner for macOS, or Malwarebytes can help you find and remove all suspicious programs, including FromDocToPDF. It’s advisable to use a scanner because FromDocToPDF might not have been installed alone.
For manual removal, follow the instructions below – they include detailed explanations on how to get rid of FromDocToPDF from Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual guide for FromDocToPDF Toolbar removal
How to remove FromDocToPDF using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like FromDocToPDF virus install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to FromDocToPDF adware . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make FromDocToPDF Toolbar easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove FromDocToPDF from macOSDelete FromDocToPDF virus from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the FromDocToPDF adware app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove FromDocToPDF Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to FromDocToPDF virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove FromDocToPDF Toolbar from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything FromDocToPDF Toolbar related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove FromDocToPDF Toolbar from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove FromDocToPDF Toolbar from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall FromDocToPDF adware and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.