Cloud AV 2012 is a fake antivirus program from the same family as AV Protection 2011 and Open Cloud Antivirus. The rogue is distributed through infected websites, spam emails or faked “free” applications. After execution, the trojan downloader will install Cloud AV 2012 and it will start causing havoc on your PC.
The first signs of Cloud AV 2012 infection are multiple alerts from the system tray and popups. They will claim that each program you execute are infected. In majority of cases Cloud AV 2012 will prevent legitimate programs from starting. These alerts look like this :
Windows Security Alert
To help protect your computer, Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.
Do you want to keep blocking this program?
Warning: Infection is Detected
Windows has found spyware infection on your computer!
Click here to update your Windows antivirus software
Warning! Infection found
Unwanted software (malware) or tracking cookies have been found during last scan. It is highly recommended to remove it from your computer.
Keylogger Zeus was detected and put in quarantine.
Keylogger Zeus is a very dangerous software used by criminals to steal personal data such as credit card information, access to banking accounts, passwords to social networks and e-mails.
You can ignore these alerts, but Cloud AV executable will try other tricks to convince you that your PC is infected. For example, it will show various messages about spam emails sent to your contacts and so on. Thus many of the users will run a system scan with Cloud AV 2012 and will get more false results. False results and lack of real antivirus engine rates this program as Rogue antivirus, which should be removed. Never pay for Cloud AV 2012. This would fund future rogue development and problems for you and other users.
How to remove Cloud AV 2012
- Download process explorer ( https://www.2-viruses.com/wp-content/uploads/PE/eXplorer.exe ) and save it in desktop.
- Run process explorer and look for randomly named processes that run from C:\Windows\System32 in the end of process list. The process name would look like 352sadsgasgsag235 or similar, or Cloud AV 2012v121.exe
- You can also try fake-registering Cloud AV 2012 using this key: 6526765122.
- Stop that Cloud AV 2012 process and write down the exact name and path. Once you stop correct processes, the malware windows will close and icon will disappear.
- Rename the Cloud AV 2012 file on disk and reboot.
- Cloud AV 2012 might come with other parasites as well. Scan your PC with spyhunter or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to make sure your system is clean and finalize Cloud AV 2012 removal. Full versions of these programs would have prevented the infection.
How to get rid of Cloud AV 2012 (video guide)
Automatic Malware removal tools