Bronav.com is a computer virus that can modify settings of the web browser and redirect users to other websites. Actually, there are far more malicious symptoms that can be caused by Bronav and we will get to them soon.
As most of the browser hijackers, the operation of this virus is based on an add-on. That means in order to infect your system, it needs to place some files into the specific folders of the web browser it is targeting and insert additional extension which will remain active during the time of infection.
Luckily, it is very easy to tell if your computer is infected with it – homepage, a new tab page, and the preferred search engine will be set to www.bronav.com, thus you will notice these changes immediately. In case this happens, you should immediately stop using that browser until the virus is completely removed. Using the infected browser might result in personal data loss and infiltration.
If you are experiencing symptoms described above, please continue reading this article and learn how to eliminate Bronav infection from your computer in no time. We will also provide you with some valuable tips on how to increase the overall security level of your system in order to assure that this won’t happen ever again.
Bronav Com Malware quicklinks
- How Bronav.com acts on infected browsers
- Why Bronav.com website is malicious
- How to deal with an infection like Bronav.com
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- How to remove Bronav.com malware using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Bronav.com malware from macOS
How Bronav.com acts on infected browsers
Even though this computer virus is not the most dangerous you can possibly catch, it still can cause all sorts of problems to you. When infiltrated, it will definitely modify your personal settings and change the way you are browsing the Internet.
Not to mention that this kind of behavior is really not ethical, it will also cause you to waste your time and force to deal with additional advertisements online. Viruses like Tuvaro or Redisearch.com also operate the same way – they have the only goal, i.e. to build an audience and direct web traffic to specific websites. This is how they make money.
You already know that this infection will result in changed personal settings, but that’s not all – there are other, not less severe symptoms:
- additional advertisements;
- random redirects to other websites;
- data gathering;
- infiltration of other viruses.
To put straight, if you keep Bronav installed on your web browser and computer, there are high chances that your personal information might be leaked to third parties and other viruses will be infiltrated into your computer. That’s why you need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Why Bronav.com website is malicious
According to data from Similarweb, Bronav since February 2018 and now is averaging around 4 million monthly visits. That’s an extremely high number for a hijacker like this.
Even though it is most popular in Brasil, users from other countries can be infected too. Over 99% of the traffic it receives is direct and that’s a clear sign that Bronav is a hijacker.
The website itself looks really handsome – it is well designed and offers you some functionality. That might be the reason why some users ignore the fact that their computer was infected and just continue using infected web browser. However, you will notice banner advertisements even on their landing page.
This website looks like a regular search engine with a news column and some links to popular websites. It even lets you decide what search engine you want to employ for your web search – Yahoo or Google. Regardless of your choice, results that will be displayed to you should not be trusted.
Even though both Yahoo and Google provide legitimate web search service, Bronav.com has the ability to modify result pages and insert advertisements and sponsored links there. That means you can end up on dangerus website just by following links provided in there.
If that’s not enough, you should know that every search query submitted through Bronav will be recorded. The data is collected in order to analyze their audience and sell it to third parties later on. If some of your personal information is revealed in the search, it can be easily leaked.
How to deal with an infection like Bronav.com
We have already mentioned that this virus operates as browser add-on, so obviously, you will have to remove it from your web browser in order to make it usable once again.
Unfortunately, it is not enough to remove specific extension – since this tool is a malware, you might also need to kill some malicious processes and remove bad files that are stored on the hard drive.
Obviously, the easiest way to do that is to use some kind of anti-malware software that will detect and remove the virus automatically. Try using Spyhunter – either one of those tools will be able to detect and eliminate the infection in no time. You can also use other anti-malware software of your choice as well.
In case you prefer to do it by yourself, please take a look at our step-by-step Bronav.com virus manual removal guide which can be found below this article. Please notice that removal for each web browser is different, thus follow the guide that is specific to the web browser you are using.
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to remove Bronav.com malware using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Bronav.com malware install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Bronav.com malware . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Bronav.com malware easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Bronav.com malware from macOSDelete Bronav.com malware from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Bronav.com malware app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Bronav.com malware from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Bronav.com malware, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Bronav.com malware from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Bronav.com malware related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Bronav.com malware from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Bronav.com malware from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Bronav.com malware and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.