Bitmotion-tab.com virus is one of many browser hijackers that interfere with our web surfing. These malware parasites have a very specific goal: to become one of the best hijackers around, this infection appears to be the destination of referrals from Secure-surf.net and Launchpage.org (also browser hijackers), Gametracker.com, Liveinternet.ru, Megafilmes.org.
Bitmotion Tab Com quicklinks
- Do not keep Bitmotion-tab.com redirect virus around
- Privacy with browser hijackers
- Anonymous User Information
- Individual User Information
- Uninstall Bitmotion-tab.com virus
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of Bitmotion-tab.com virus
- How to remove Bitmotion-tab.com using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Bitmotion-tab.com from macOS
Do not keep Bitmotion-tab.com redirect virus around
Bitmotion-tab.com is a browser hijacker, does not provide useful functions and only uses its position to make ad money:
|Effects of a Bitmotion-tab.com hijacking||
|Hijacker virus distribution||
|Bitmotion-tab.com virus removal|
Victory Commerce Ltd. have explained themselves as owners of the rogue search platform Bitmotion-tab.com. Although the company looks legitimate, it administers browser hijackers and has already introduced a comparable variant called Planktab.com. Since these developers have admitted to being involved in behavioral advertising strategies, this could mean the generation of promotional content selected according to users’ online activity. Dangerous ads (BottomLineInc) can transmit malware or engage in phishing scams.
Bitmotion-tab.com virus is a reoccurring problem for thousands of Internet surfers. A couple of years ago in India, the website achieved such success that it became ranked number 2,442. Globally, its rank is a little lower, but has to be indicated as impressive: 6,965 (Similarweb). Reports from the United States, Indonesia, Brazil, and Turkey have been submitted as well: they claim that people cannot get rid of this parasite despite numerous attempts.
The Bitmotion-tab.com virus is listed as a browser hijacker, so if your computer is infected with it, it will definitely take over your web browsers and cause some unwanted problems. As a browser hijacker (Comparitech), it will set your homepage and default search engine to home.bitmotion-tab.com. This virus has been around the market for a long time already, sometimes dormant, however, we have noticed that it is intensely infecting systems again.
As stated by the AdBlock malware research community, Bitmotion-tab.com is making a living of displaying search ads above and below result content. So the order of events in case your computer is infected with this virus is classic – your web browsers are customised and then you are forced to use Bitmotion-tab.com to browser the web.
At first sight, Bitmotion-tab.com looks like a regular search engine, just like Yahoo or Google, but it all gets worse when you are trying to search for something. Instead of organic and relevant results, you will receive some advertisements that are not even relevant to your search query. Look at this:
As you can see, Bitmotion-tab.com is promoting other websites like nature.com or zapmeta.ws and gets paid for it. By the way, Zapmeta looks like a browser hijacker itself and we have seen it being promoted by a number of various malware infections, thus you should stay away from it.
Privacy with browser hijackers
Anonymous User Information
Victory Commerce collects some anonymous information each time you use a BitmotionTab so we can improve the overall quality of your online experience. We collect your IP address, referral data, and browser and platform type. You do not have to register with Victory Commerce before we can collect this anonymous information.
The BitmotionTab do not require you to share information that identifies you personally, such as your name or e-mail address, in order for you to use the BitmotionTab. The BitmotionTab assign an anonymous ID number to your requests and links the following additional data to that number: the date and time you visited the BitmotionTab, your search terms, and the links upon which you choose to click. Like most standard Web site servers, we use log files to collect and store this anonymous user information. Victory Commerce analyzes the information to examine trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Individual User Information
That means that information like your e-mail address, shipping address, age, gender, and even your income can be collected using the Bitmotion-tab.com browser extension. What do they do with this information? Most probably sell it to third parties. This way advertisers can target you more specifically with ads personalised according to your interests. It also can end up in the hands of cyber-criminals and, in this case, you would be exposed to various cyber-security threats.
Uninstall Bitmotion-tab.com virus
Since this virus is operating as a browser add-on, you will have to remove Bitmotion-tab both from your computer and web browsers. It can be easily done with the help of anti-malware software, such as Spyhunter for PC or Combo Cleaner for Mac. Scan your system with it and Bitmotion-tab.com will be eliminated in minutes. For more detailed instructions please scroll down below this article.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of Bitmotion-tab.com virus
How to remove Bitmotion-tab.com using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Bitmotion-tab.com install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Bitmotion-tab.com . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Bitmotion-tab.com easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Bitmotion-tab.com from macOSDelete Bitmotion-tab.com from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Bitmotion-tab.com app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Bitmotion-tab.com from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Bitmotion-tab.com, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Bitmotion-tab.com from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Bitmotion-tab.com related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Bitmotion-tab.com from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Bitmotion-tab.com from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Bitmotion-tab.com and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.