Better-Search.net virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to random systems together with free tools from the Internet. The purpose of this program is to hijack your default search page and promote commercial websites in the list of links supposedly matching your query. It changes your search results by adding sponsored websites and interrupts your browsing with annoying ads. Better-Search.net virus affects Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
Once inside, the program changes your homepage and default search engine to Better-Search.net. It is not a reliable search provider as it mainly includes tons of sponsored links which make affiliate revenue for the creators of this hijacker instead of showing what most of the regular search providers like Google, Bing or Yahoo does. This is not a fair activity as it takes over browsers and applies changes there without a user’s consent.
Most likely Better-Search.net virus has infiltrated to your system hiding behind installers of free software. Often users skip the installation steps of free players, PDF creators, etc. to make these processes quicker. However, some of them suggest changing you homepage or making other modifications in your browser and you may agree with that without even knowing. You should always go for Custom or Advanced installation and follow every installation step to see what you are agreeing on.
Remove Better-Search.net virus from your computer, if it has already taken over your browsers. Uninstall it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list. It is also recommended to delete ALL programs added on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Better-Search.net virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove Better-Search.net from the list
How To remove Better-Search.net virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Better-Search.net virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Malware removal tools