Avg.nation.com virus is a browser hijacker that is distributed to random browsers together with free downloads from the Internet. The program changes your default search provider and homepage to avg.nation.com. Although the website looks like a normal search website, it works a little bit different. The program was designed to promote certain pages, so it does all it takes to accomplish its aim.
If you make a search using this search engine, you will see that it will display lots of sponsored websites in your search results. The application expects you to click on these pages and make profit this way. Moreover, Avg.nation.com virus collects your search queries and browsing history. This information can later be used for marketing purposes.
So although Avg.nation.com virus does not cause a direct damage to your system, it can disclose your private information and also infiltrate infections to your computer. You can easily avoid installing this applications. All you have to do it to be more attentive when installing any freeware to your PC. These programs often contain additional applications bundled and they are installed automatically unless you refuse to do so. Follow installation steps and deselect options to install any unknown applications.
If you already noticed this unwanted program on your browser, remove Avg.nation.com virus as soon as you can. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well.
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Avg.nation.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Avg.nation.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Malware removal tools