ANSSI virus is a ransomware that infects computers randomly using Trojan viruses. The infection is also known as Office Central de Lutte contre la Criminalité virus. The main goal of this malware is to make computer users believe that they were included into some illegal business and then steal money from them. Basically, the program warns that your IP address has been noticed to be related to some illegal activity, like using copyrighted content. ANSSI virus asks to pay a fine for that and obviously it uses a name of police in order to look more legitimate.
Once inside, ANNSI virus completely blocks the infected computer and doesn’t allow to do anything there. Many computer users find paying a fine the only solution for this problem. Unfortunately, that is not what they should do. The is no doubt that many users fall for this scam just because of its name. ANSSI stands for Agence Nationale de la Sécurité des Systèmes d’Information, which is security related institution working in France. It is a smart step that creators of this badware took because a well known name makes the notification sound much more reliable. However, if you search for the information about this message on the Internet, you will soon find out it is a scam. Here is a part of it:
Activite illicite demelee!
On a releve l’infection a la loi: de votre IP addresse qui correspond a [IP address] on a realise la requete sur le site qui contient la pornographie, la pornographie d’enfants, la sodomie et des actes de violence envers les enfants. Engalement on a recupere un video avec les elements de violence et la pornographie d’enfants. Pour lever le blocage de l’ordinateur vous devez payer le recouvrement de 100 euros.
Bare in mind that ANSSI virus is not related to police in any sense and it must be removed as soon as possible. Use a reputable antispyware program and run a full scan with it in order to remove ANSSI virus. Don’t forget to upgrade your security tool to its newest version. Below we provide removal instructions of this ransomware explaining in details how to get rid of this malignant threat:
1. Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting;
2. Choose safe mode with networking;
3. Launch MSConfig;
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
5. Restart your system once again.
6. Scan with https://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disables all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following
1. Reboot normally.
3. Enter : http://2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . If malware is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
4. Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) couple of times. The process of Office Central de Lutte contre la Criminalité virus should be killed.
Automatic Malware removal tools