Alot Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application that gets into browsers bundled with other programs. This browser hijacker changes your default search engine and homepage to search.alot.com despite what you were using before. Although the program provides search services, it causes lots of sponsored links to be included in the search results and brings some other annoying inconveniences. The application redirects its victims to websites having nothing to do with results you normally get from your search engine. If you have Alot Toolbar on your machine, you will receive only modified search results full of various commercials, so it’s recommended to uninstall this application from your PC. Keeping it on your system will result in annoying redirections to its corresponding websites sometimes linked to malware or simply designed to generate more traffic.
According to the way how this toolbar is marketed, it should be categorized as Browser Helper Object (BHO) which is supposed to make your searching as effective as possible. However, after a closer look it can be called useless software which will do its best to redirect victims to those web pages that promote various programs. In addition, Alot Toolbar will also annoy you with its pop-up ads and may even let malware through the backdoors found.
In order to remove Alot Toolbar, you should go to Start->Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs and uninstall this app from there. If this fails, use a reputable anti-malware program, like Spyhunter with updated virus database to remove all the files of Alot Toolbar.
- Check if there is no Alot Toolbar left among browser extensions:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Alot Toolbar and disable these entries.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Alot Toolbar, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Alot Toolbar, disable them.
- If your home page is still uStart.org, remove it manually:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools ->Internet Options. Remove search.alot.com and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Google Chrome click on the Customize icon -> Settings. Click Set Pages under the startup. Remove search.alot.com and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Mozilla Firefox go to Tools -> Options (or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options). Under the General tab remove search.alot.com and replace it with your preferred home page.
- If your search engine is still search.alot.com, reset it to the one you prefer:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools -> Manage Add Ons -> Search Providers and remove search.alot.com search engine from the list.
- For Google Chrome go to the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) -> Settings -> Manage search engines -> select a new search engine as the default one -> click X next to search.alot.com to remove it.
- For Mozilla Firefox, click on the search magnify glass icon near the search box, click Manage Search Engines. Remove the search.alot.com rom the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking Remove.
Automatic Malware removal tools
12 responses to “Alot Toolbar”
I have the AEG one month trial AntiVirus and it failed to stop the alot toolbar, therefore the alot toolbar is a formidable menace.
Toolbars are rarely formidable menace. However most anti viruses do not add them to their databases for one of several reasons. Thus Antimalware programs are better at removing them.
REMOVE atol A.S.A.P.
please remove ALOT from my computer ASAP
Please remove ALOT as it conflicts with my home page Telus .com
please remove alot homepage and alot toolbar……..
Please delete everything to do with Alot. I thought I was obtaining a list of postodes. Instead, my whole search process has gone bonkas! Please remove the whole lot NOW and I willnever bother you again. what a nightmare!
please remove now
PLEASE PLEASE I NEED HELPIN DELETING THIS SH T!!!
Please remove alot toolbar from my computer. thank you
Please remove Alot from my computer as soon as you can.
please help me!