AllInOneDocs browser extension is a yet another product by the company MindSpark Interactive Network. The application is supposed to provide quick access to free-of-charge word processors, spreadsheets, and offer assistance in managing your documents. However, it’s mainly a browser virus that makes money from advertising to you.
- Details about AllInOneDocs browser extension
- Distribution of AllInOneDocs
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of AllInOneDocs
- How to remove AllInOneDocs using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove AllInOneDocs from macOS
This browser add-on can be used for creating and editing DOCX, RTF, and ODT files which might seem useful, but we have certain suspicions that you should not install this extension – and not just because there are better ways to edit your documents for free that don’t require you to install a browser hijacker like AllInOneDocs.
AllInOneDocs replaces your browsers’ preferences with a customized page for hp.MyWay.com. This unnecessary searching platform that delivers search results from Google and adds sponsored links and does not seem to be superior to more mainstream search providers in any way. It’s certainly not more private – it doesn’t even use encryption to hide your search terms!
The AllInOneDocs program appears to be available for users with Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP operating systems, as well as Mac OS, even though the Safari browser is not compatible with AllInOneDocs.
If you discover this add-on in your browser, don’t hesitate to get rid of it:
|Type of threat||Adware,
bundling with free programs.
|Dangers of using AllInOneDocs||Private documents uploaded online,
additional hijackers installed,
browser extensions use private browsing data for enhancing ads,
no encryption is used to hide your search terms,
allInOneDocs limits browser customization options even though that doesn’t help its features.
|Uninstall AllInOneDocs||Remove malicious applications and files using an antivirus tool (Combo Cleaner for Mac OS, SpyHunter for PC),
edit browser settings to remove unwanted extensions and restore the new tab page and search provider.
Details about AllInOneDocs browser extension
AllInOneDocs is not a very popular browser extension, but it’s not the only app of this type that was released by Mindspark – there’s also OnlineWorkSuite. And if you are interested in enjoying “a full office suite for free” you might actually feel intrigued enough to install one of these browser extensions on your device.
However, you shouldn’t dismiss the problems that these add-ons have:
- Unwanted installation.
- Excessive browser permissions (…why does AllInOneDocs need to know your browsing history again?).
- The developer has a history of unethical browser distribution.
- AllInOneDocs is mainly a search redirect virus and all other functionality is secondary.
Of course, we cannot suggest that this company is shady, but its products raise security concerns. The fact that MindSpark specializes in interactive advertising means that their clients are supposed to be introduced to a multitude of commercial content, especially behavioral advertising (despite it being creepy and ineffective).
One of the techniques for promoting, adopted by MindSpark, is to endorse people to download AllInOneDocs via randomly-appearing pop-ups. We have noticed that this developing company creates tons of similar applications, but they are more likely to be classified as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that will also make modifications to browser settings. You can read about other variants in our blog: SearchFormsOnline, QuickWeatherAlert PUP, Discover Live Radio PUP, Directions Whiz PUP. Pay attention to the terms that AllInOneDocs wishes for you to agree with and re-consider getting a toolbar by MindSpark. Obviously, it is up to you whether you will trust this product or resist the temptation to download it.
At the moment, MindSpark is eagerly offering users to tryout AllInOneDocs. However, this toolbar might not always be installed voluntarily. According to reports from disappointed users, they found themselves in a bizarre situation when AllInOneDocs entered their devices without permission. It is possible that AllInOneDocs is added as recommended software during the installation processes of free programs. Pay attention during setup before a certain application can be utilized. It is important to know whether no additional programs will be inserted into a device. For the sake of full disclosure, we also point out that people have an obligation to read EULA documents and Privacy Policies.
Distribution of AllInOneDocs
We have written about many other products of MindSpark. AllInOneDocs does not stand out from the crowd and appears to follow the same principles for distribution. First of all, it can and will attempt to attract people with promotional windows, urging users to try out another product from MindSpark. However, we are convinced that downloading their products is not essential and your browsing experience won’t be diminished if you refuse to get toolbars like AllInOneDocs. There are better ways to edit documents for free, like open-source suites or tools offered by companies like Google. Downloading AllInOneDocs yourself is one of the possible methods for its distribution. However, you can accidentally install it without even realizing it. AllInOneDocs browser extension can be appended to other free applications. To avoid them, pick advanced or custom modes for Setup Wizards and be informed about everything that gets placed into your device.
There are two options when it comes to the removal of AllInOneDocs. You can either eliminate this browser hijacker with the help from anti-malware tools. For instance, Spyhunter for Windows or Combo Cleaner will efficiently clean your system from malware. Additionally, we also provide an alternative: guidelines for manual removal.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of AllInOneDocs
How to remove AllInOneDocs using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like AllInOneDocs install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to AllInOneDocs . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make AllInOneDocs easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove AllInOneDocs from macOSDelete AllInOneDocs from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the AllInOneDocs app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove AllInOneDocs from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to AllInOneDocs, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove AllInOneDocs from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything AllInOneDocs related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove AllInOneDocs from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove AllInOneDocs from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall AllInOneDocs and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.