22find.com is a browser hijacker that targets Internet Explorer, Google Chrome of Mozilla Firefox browsers. It reaches systems through spam email attachments or comes bundled with some free software. The program gets installed without your consent. Soon after the installation, you will notice that your homepage was changed to 22find.com and when you open a new tab you will also see this website. Additionally, your search results can be changed.
These are the most noticeable symptoms that your system got infected with 22find.com hijacker. Apart from that your browser configurations and Windows Registry settings can be changed and that can even lead to some data loss. The purpose of such browser hijackers is to force hits to particular websites, get some information about your browsing habits and similar things.
You must remove 22find.com from your computer as it harming your computer system and becomes extremely annoying as it disturbs your normal activity. Sometimes it is enough just to find any components of 22find.com that you find in the Add/Remove programs lists and change the settings of all your browsers manually. However, this is not always enough. We recommend scanning your computer using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Remember that you have to upgrade your security tool to its newest version in order to remove every single threat that have affected your computer.
Depending which browser you are using, follow the instructions below to remove 22find.com from Control Panel and browser plugins:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove 22find.com from the list
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
TopRemove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional): If your browser opens 22find.com redirect page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete 22find.com redirect part from target field.
Automatic Malware removal tools