Windows Steady Work - How to remove?
Windows Steady Work is yet another of the fake-Microsoft Security Essentials infections that changes its name constantly to avoid the detection. This particular type of rogues is famous for changing names many times during the week and after several days it will be renamed again. Because of this, Windows Steady Work has to rely on dirty tricks to make users believe that it is a reputable antivirus. To do so, it tries to misuse Microsoft Security Essentials by creating an alert similar to MSE. This alert will state, that MSE detected an infection and can not remove it by itself. If the user clicks on such a message, the fake Microsoft Security Essentials will try to “search” for a solution and will offer to download one of the rogues, namely Windows Steady Work.
After Windows Steady Work is installed, you can not close its window easily. It will force you to run system scans, which are faked. This rogue will list various outdated parasites that sound dangerous enough like Backdoor.Win32.Rbot or similar. All this is done to force you into buying a full version of Windows Steady Work.
In no case you should pay for Windows Steady Work. It is a scam and it has no real detection engine. Even worse, the payment pages collect and store your credit card details and its makers have nothing to loose. So they will surely mis-use that data and use the card information multiple times. If you paid for Windows Steady Work, consider contacting your bank for a credit card change.
To remove Windows Steady Work, do the following:
- Allow it to scan your PC, as you will only be able to close Windows Steady Work window after that.
- Download and launch Process Explorer (http://www.2-viruses.com/wp-content/uploads/PE/eXplore.exe for an alternate download link). Rename it to .com and launch it. This will prevent Windows Steady Work from blocking it.
- Make sure you see all file paths in Process Explorer. Stop processes listed bellow and everything that is launched from %AppData%, %Application Data% or %Temp%.
- Launch registry filing utility: http://www.2-viruses.com/wp-content/uploads/exeregfix.reg.
- Launch Browser of your choice and disable proxy server in it. Windows Steady Work might filter your browsing results and prevent browser from functioning.
- Download Anti-Malware tools spyhunter and Hitman Pro. Do a full system scan and get rid of Windows Steady Work files they detect.
- Upgrade your anti-virus and anti-malware protection. It is easier to prevent Windows Steady Work from infecting PC rather than spend time removing it.
Automatic Windows Steady Work removal tools
Manual Windows Steady Work removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Windows Steady Work, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Windows Steady Work infected files and get help in Windows Steady Work removal by using Spyhunter scanner.