Websearch.searchinweb.info virus - How to remove?
What is Websearch.searchinweb.info virus?
Websearch.searchinweb.info virus is a browser hijacker that is known to affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It targets computers all over the world and causes lots of unwanted redirections. Once inside, the program changes your homepage and default search provider to Websearch.searchinweb.info. It’s not a malicious website, however, it tries to advertise certain sponsored pages and in general interferes into users’ browsing sessions.
If you make a search using Websearch.searchinweb.info, it will list numerous sponsored websites which may even be unrelated to your search queries. Moreover, it will constantly display ads. It is not an honest way to advertise anything using a method like the latter one. Moreover, the program collects information about your search queries and other browsing habits which will later be used for other marketing related purposes.
Although Websearch.searchinweb.info virus causes no direct damage to your system, it definitely impacts your browsing negatively. There are several other browser hijackers with similar names that were created for the same purposes. These include websearch.searchere.com virus, websearch.good-results.com virus, websearch.toolsearchbook.info virus, etc. All of them share the same interface and have the same purposes.
If you want to protect your system from attacks of such hijackers, be more careful when downloading free software. Websearch.searchinweb.info virus comes bundled with many PDF creators, various players, download managers, etc. Always choose Custom installation and if you see any optional installs already selected for you, deselect the ones that are not known. Also never agree to change you search provider or homepage to unfamiliar websites.
To remove Websearch.searchinweb.info virus from your system, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to delete ALL programs added on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
Special removal instructions of Websearch.searchinweb.info virus
How to remove Websearch.searchinweb.info virus using Windows Control Panel
Many hijackers and adware like searchinweb virus install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from control panel. To access it, do following.
- Start->Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key->Search and enter Control panel (Windows 8);
- Choose Uninstall Program;
- Go through list of programs and uninstall entries related to Websearch.searchinweb.info virus
and related parasites like Websearch.eazytosearch.info virus , Websearch.fastosearch.info virus , Websearch.calcitapp.info virus , Websearch.flyandsearch.info virus , Websearch.searchiseasy.info virus , Websearch.wisesearch.info virus , Websearch.searchissimple.info virus , Websearch.awsomesearchs.info virus , Websearch.allsearches.info virus , Websearch.fastsearchings.info virus .
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter, Malwarebytes and Stopzilla to identify other programs that might be part of this infection.
This method will not remove some of browser plugins thus proceed to next part of removal guide.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens searchinweb virus page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete searchinweb virus part from target field.
How To remove Websearch.searchinweb.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
How To remove Websearch.searchinweb.info virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Websearch.searchinweb.info virus virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the searchinweb virus from the list
How to remove Websearch.searchinweb.info virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
Video removal instructions for Websearch.searchinweb.info virus