Websearch.searchesplace.info Virus - How To Remove?
Websearch.searchesplace.info virus is one of the name-changing browser search hijackers distributed together with various bundled software. When you install “free” software from various small download sites, you are asked to install “helpfull” additional programs as well. In many cases these programs are hijackers, adware or at least PuPs. websearch.searchesplace.info virus is one of these. This hijacker is listed as Search Assistant websearch in control panel, although it is addressed by website names it promotes at particular moment. If you hope that uninstalling the program from control panel will solve the problem, you are mistaken – this parasite has more than one component and in most of the cases removing them all will not restore your browser settings back.
Websearch.searchesplace.info might use Trojans for distribution as well. I have seen fake downloads distributed that executable that fail to download the program they advertise in the end. However, they will install all the adware and hijackers without any problem. Typically, the “package” includes one hijacker, one poor registry optimizer and one adware. Thus it is obvious that websearch.searchesplace.info search page is a symptom of more serious infection as well.
How to remove Websearch.searchesplace.info virus?
To get rid of websearch.searchesplace.info you will have to scan your computer with anti-malware programs like Reimage, SpyHunter or adwcleaner or uninstall all the problematic software from control panel. In some cases the software names might be random, so you should take care and investigate all the programs in control panel.
After the uninstall you should fix search providers and new tab settings in all the browsers.
How to remove Websearch.searchesplace.info virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click on Change search defaults;
- Remove Websearch.searchesplace.info from the list.
How to remove Websearch.searchesplace.info virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove Websearch.searchesplace.info virus from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Websearch.searchesplace.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list;
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose ‘Open blank page’ (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too);
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens Websearch.searchesplace.info page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete Websearch.searchesplace.info part from target field.