Websearch.searchbomb.info virus - How to remove?
Websearch.searchbomb.info virus is a browser hijacker that changes search engines in the most popular browsers to their own site. This website will promote various advertisements, supported search engines that will pay commission to the malware distributors for the visitors redirected. Such search engines can’t compete with the most popular ones in terms of quality therefore in order to get visitors they use search hijacking. Alas it is annoying and even dangerous for the end users.
You can get infected with Websearch.searchbomb.info virus by downloading software bundles or fake movie files. Typically, to install the application or “download” the movie you will have to add other programs too. It is not explained what such software does and in most of the cases you get adware, hijackers and other malware together with `the program you were installing in the first place. And in the case of movie downloaders, you get nothing useful at all, just the searchbomb malware.
Additionally, most antivirus programs are pretty much useless against hijackers like websearch.searchbomb.info. They have hard time to distinguish between legitimate search engines and malicious ones. They also do not remove the support software that complicates the manual removal process of these hijackers. Antimalware software works better against them, for example Spyhunter, adwcleaner and some others remove this scam.
If you want to get rid of Websearch.searchbomb.info manually from your PC, follow the instructions given in this article. First, go to control panel and uninstall everything related to safesaver or searchbomb. Then depending on the browser that was affected, follow the tips below:
Special removal instructions of Websearch.searchbomb.info virus
How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus using Windows Control Panel
Many hijackers and adware like searchbomb virus install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start->Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key->Search and enter Control Panel (Windows 8);
- Choose Uninstall Program;
- Go through a list of programs and select entries related to Websearch.searchbomb.info virus .
- Click uninstall button.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter or Malwarebytes to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
This method will not remove some of browser plugins therefore proceed to the next part of the removal guide.
Removing searchbomb virus from your browsers
Top Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional): If your browser opens searchbomb virus page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete searchbomb virus part from target field.
Top How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools->Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and select Setting and click on Manage search engines.
- Remove malicious search websites in a new Search engines window.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to searchbomb virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.Top How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Firefox:
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Websearch.searchbomb.info virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- Enter “about:config” in URL bar and hit enter. This will open the settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset it. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab.
- If the settings revert and the scan with anti-malware programs is clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options-> General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
Top How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus virus from Internet Explorer:
How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click Change search defaults.
- Remove the searchbomb virus from the list.
How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to searchbomb virus and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Select Search Providers.
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
- Close the Options.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Gear icon on the top right corner to open the Internet Explorer menu, select Internet options and choose General tab. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Apply.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Websearch.searchbomb.info virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Press on the Gear icon->Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced tab and click on the Reset button.
- Select “Delete personal settings” checkbox and click on the Reset button.
- Click on the Close button on the confirmation box, then close your browser.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.