Websearch.searchbomb.info virus - How to remove?
What is Websearch.searchbomb.info virus?
Websearch.searchbomb.info virus is a browser hijacker that changes search engines in the most popular browsers to their own site. This website will promote various advertisements, supported search engines that will pay commission to the malware distributors for the visitors redirected. Such search engines can’t compete with the most popular ones in terms of quality therefore in order to get visitors they use search hijacking. Alas it is annoying and even dangerous for the end users.
You can get infected with Websearch.searchbomb.info virus by downloading software bundles or fake movie files. Typically, to install the application or “download” the movie you will have to add other programs too. It is not explained what such software does and in most of the cases you get adware, hijackers and other malware together with `the program you were installing in the first place. And in the case of movie downloaders, you get nothing useful at all, just the searchbomb malware.
Additionally, most antivirus programs are pretty much useless against hijackers like websearch.searchbomb.info. They have hard time to distinguish between legitimate search engines and malicious ones. They also do not remove the support software that complicates the manual removal process of these hijackers. Antimalware software works better against them, for example Spyhunter, adwcleaner and some others remove this scam.
If you want to get rid of Websearch.searchbomb.info manually from your PC, follow the instructions given in this article. First, go to control panel and uninstall everything related to safesaver or searchbomb. Then depending on the browser that was affected, follow the tips below:
Special removal instructions of Websearch.searchbomb.info virus
How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus using Windows Control Panel
Many hijackers and adware like searchbomb virus install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from control panel. To access it, do following.
- Start->Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key->Search and enter Control panel (Windows 8);
- Choose Uninstall Program;
- Go through list of programs and uninstall entries related to Websearch.searchbomb.info virus
and related parasites like Websearch.eazytosearch.info virus , Websearch.searchinweb.info virus , Websearch.webisgreat.info virus , Websearch.fastosearch.info virus , Websearch.wonderfulsearches.info virus , Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus , WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info virus , Websearch.toolksearchbook.info virus , Websearch.awsomesearchs.info virus , Websearch.lookforithere.info Virus .
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter, Malwarebytes and Stopzilla to identify other programs that might be part of this infection.
This method will not remove some of browser plugins thus proceed to next part of removal guide.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens searchbomb virus page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete searchbomb virus part from target field.
How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the searchbomb virus from the list
How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
Video removal instructions for Websearch.searchbomb.info virus