How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus
Websearch.searchbomb.info virus is a browser hijacker that changes search engines in the most popular browsers to their own site. This website will promote various advertisements, supported search engines that will pay commission to the malware distributors for the visitors redirected. Such search engines canât compete with the most popular ones in terms of quality therefore in order to get visitors they use search hijacking. Alas it is annoying and even dangerous for the end users.
You can get infected with Websearch.searchbomb.info virus by downloading software bundles or fake movie files. Typically, to install the application or âdownloadâ the movie you will have to add other programs too. It is not explained what such software does and in most of the cases you get adware, hijackers and other malware together with `the program you were installing in the first place. And in the case of movie downloaders, you get nothing useful at all, just the searchbombÂ malware.
Additionally, most antivirus programs are pretty much useless against hijackers like websearch.searchbomb.info. They have hard time to distinguish between legitimate search engines and malicious ones. They also do not remove the support software that complicates the manual removal process of these hijackers. Antimalware software works better against them, for example âSpyhunter, âadwcleaner and some others remove this scam.
If you want to get rid of Websearch.searchbomb.infoÂ manually from your PC, follow the instructions given in this article.Â First, go to control panel and uninstall everything related to safesaver or searchbomb. Then depending on the browser that was affected, follow the tips below:
How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Websearch.searchbomb.info from the list
- If settings revert, check control panel for malware applications again or scan with Spyhunter
How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Firefox :
- Enter âabout:configâ in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type âKeyword.urlâ in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type âbrowser.search.defaultengineâ in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type âbrowser.search.selectedengineâ in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for âbrowser.newtab.urlâ. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page wonât launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.Â
How To remove Websearch.searchbomb.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).