Websearch.pu-results.info Redirect - How To Remove?
Websearch.pu-results.info redirect is an annoying program that can hit any computer systems. The program hijacks Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Once inside, the program changes your homepage to websearch.pu-results.info. The website looks pretty much like any other search engine. However, it doesn’t work the same way as normal search engine. The search results that it provides are based on sponsored websites and they are full of ads that you don’t normally receive when using any popular search engines.
One more annoying thing that Websearch.pu-result.info makes you to experience are constant redirections while you are browsing the Internet. Once again, it redirects to the websites that it is responsible for to promote. It brings many inconveniences for the users and for this reason more and more of them have started complaining about this application.
The problem about Websearch.pu-results.info redirect is that it modifies your browser settings which leads to all these changes in your system. If you click on some of the ads, you may even get your system infected or be redirected to some hacked website. The creators of Websearch.pu-results.info redirect also gain full access to your browsing history. Later this information can be used for different marketing related purposes.
You should remove Websearch.pu-results.info redirect from your computer without any doubts. Try looking for it on Windows Control Panel and remove every single component related to this redirect. After that you will have to change your browsers settings manually. Check the instructions below how to do that:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Websearch.pu-results.info from the list
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
If you cannot find Websearch.pu-results.info redirect on Control Panel, we recommend scanning your system with a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter.
Automatic Websearch.pu-results.info Redirect removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove pu-results Redirect, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.