Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus - How to remove?
Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus is a browser hijacker that is categorized as a potentially unwanted program because of its negative effects on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you have noticed that your homepage and default search provider are replaced with this website, you should never ignore it and get rid of it immediately.
Although Websearch.amaizingsearches.info looks like a regular search engine, it has a goal to make some benefits from this infiltration. The program attempts to mislead computer users and make them visit several commercial and even malicious websites. As a result, you can get your computer infected with malware and other infections or download potentially unwanted programs without your knowledge.
To prevent infiltration of Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus, you only have to be more careful when downloading various applications to your computer. Often it comes bundled with free players, PDF creators, download managers and other popular tools. Some of them warn about changing your start page and search provider during their installation. However, many users don’t pay enough attention to the installation steps and end up allowing these changes. If you always deselect all check marks indicating about unwanted modifications, you can avoid many hijackers, adware, etc.
To remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall anything Websearch.amaizingsearches.info related from there. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How to remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from the list.
How to remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.