VirtualDJ toolbar - How to remove?
VirtualDJ toolbar is a browser add-on that is distributed together with shady software like Webcake adware and hijacks search engines in common browsers. The VirtualDJ itself is sound mixing and DJ’ing program, however the toolbar has little to do with the main application. The search engine used at the moment is Ask.com, which was common choice some time before. This search engine pays money for software developers that convince people to use the engine. While Ask.com is a legitimate website, such toolbars are an annoying way to promote their services.
One interesting thing of Virtual DJ toolbar is that it hijacks searches in all browsers, though it has visual appearance in IE only. So many victims might fail to understand what software had forced their browser preferences to change. Additionally, such browser settings won’t revert after the software gets uninstalled and even when VirtualDJ toolbar is gone you will still be stuck with hijacked search engine.
It is extremely important to uninstall all unknown software before removing VirtualDJ toolbar manually. Spyhunter might help to detect additional adware programs if you don’t know what you should remove. Only after this step you should perform manual VirtualDJ and search hijack removal steps:
How to remove VirtualDJ toolbar from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click on Change search defaults;
- Remove Ask.com from the list.
How to remove VirtualDJ toolbar from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove VirtualDJ toolbar from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove VirtualDJ toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list;
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose ‘Open blank page’ (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too);
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Automatic VirtualDJ toolbar removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual VirtualDJ toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove VirtualDJ toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other VirtualDJ toolbar infected files and get help in VirtualDJ toolbar removal by using Reimage scanner.