SmartBar Toolbar - How to remove?
SmartBar Toolbar is a browser extension that causes redirects to search.creativetoolbars.com website. It promises to improve your browsing experience however, it causes some unwanted consequences. Although SmartBar Toolbar is not related to malware programs, it is installed to computers using a little bit unfair methods. The program comes bundled with other software so we often do not notice extra programs that are being installed. Most of the times, it comes together with free software downloads.
In order to avoid programs like SmartBar Toolbar to reach your system, you should be very cautious when installing any programs form the Internet. Usually at one step of the installation you can choose what extra applications you want to be installed to your computer. Simply unselect all applications that you are not willing to have on your computer.
SmartBar Toolbar affects all main browsers – Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. The program changes your default search as well as your homepage. The worst part is that all your searches lead to redirection to search.creativetoolbars.com. This website looks just like any normal search engine, but there is one thing to mention. Many legitimate websites are removed from the search results so it is not the best choice for you. You will be presented with sponsored search results and that is not even very safe.
SmartBar Toolbar is an unwanted program that is based on getting some profits from computer users. You shouldn’t download it by yourself. Remove SmartBar Toolbar from your system if you noticed it infiltrated into your machine without your consent. Uninstall it from Windows Control Panel. Go to Start -> Control Panel, click un “Uninstall Program” un Programs area. Look for anything related to SmartBar Toolbar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to SmartBar from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → SmartBar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally, run a full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter.
Automatic SmartBar Toolbar removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual SmartBar Toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove SmartBar Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other SmartBar Toolbar infected files and get help in SmartBar Toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.