Search Donkey - How to remove?
Search Donkey is a browser extension that was created by WebAppTech Coding, LLC. The programs claims to provide more browsing options for your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It infiltrates together with other programs without you even noticing that. Once inside, you will notice some changes in your browser when making a search or visiting some websites. Basically you will see a drop-down menu which is named “Best Search”.
Although Search Donkey is not malicious it is still in the list of programs that are recommended to be removed. The reason why it is so because it can cause redirection to malicious websites where you can get your computer infected. Also Search Donkey can track your browsing habits. This violates your privacy too. It can easily get access to your login information and also sell the data about your most visited websites to the third parties. Subsequently it will cause an increase in the number of ads displayed on your system.
Beware that you should be informed about any programs being installed to your computer. If they sneak into your system using unfair methods, they are considered to be potentially unwanted programs. For this reason it is recommended to remove Search Donkey from your computer with no hesitations. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Search Donkey listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Search Donkey from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Search Donkey removal tools
Manual Search Donkey removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Search Donkey, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Search Donkey infected files and get help in Search Donkey removal by using Spyhunter scanner.