Search Donkey - How To Remove?
Search Donkey is a browser extension that was created by WebAppTech Coding, LLC. The programs claims to provide more browsing options for your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It infiltrates together with other programs without you even noticing that. Once inside, you will notice some changes in your browser when making a search or visiting some websites. Basically you will see a drop-down menu which is named “Best Search”.
Although Search Donkey is not malicious it is still in the list of programs that are recommended to be removed. The reason why it is so because it can cause redirection to malicious websites where you can get your computer infected. Also Search Donkey can track your browsing habits. This violates your privacy too. It can easily get access to your login information and also sell the data about your most visited websites to the third parties. Subsequently it will cause an increase in the number of ads displayed on your system.
The content, supported by Search Donkey, is going to be introduced as “powered by Search Donkey” and will most likely contain a picture of a donkey next to it. The way we understood it, this facility specializes in finding articles and domains, concerning any kind of keyword in your visited webpages. Even in those cases when the results won’t threaten your device or cause problems, it is very likely that you won’ be able to tell harmful material from safe one. This browser hijacker has been haunting Internet users ever since 2013 and its facility is still available for download in 2016. We cannot strictly declare that Search Donkey is dangerous, but it can be aggravating and force you to witness sponsored content that you are not interested in seeing. This is the statement that Search Donkey makes about third-party advertisements:
Applications may be supported by advertising, which may include display ads (banner ads), text ads, in-text ads (e.g., keyword highlighting), interstitial ads, pop up ads, pop under ads, or other types of ads. Users may see additional ads when using their Internet browser or other software applications. We use many third-party partners to deliver the most relevant and highest quality ads possible, and make reasonable efforts not to show ads that may be considered pornographic, promote violence or the use of firearms or contain obscene language. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THIRD-PARTY ADS SHOWN TO YOU WHILE USING THE SITE, SERVICES OR APPLICATIONS.
Beware that you should be informed about any programs being installed to your computer. If they sneak into your system using unfair methods, they are considered to be potentially unwanted programs. For this reason it is recommended to remove Search Donkey from your computer with no hesitations. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Search Donkey listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Search Donkey from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).