Safehomepage.com virus - How to remove?
Safehomepage.com virus is a browser hijacker that is distributed to computers together with various free software. The program modifies your browser settings which lead to many inconveniences while browsing. The application can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
Safehomepage.com virus replaces your default search engine and homepage straight after the infiltration. The website displays various ads and sponsored links in the search results. If you click on them you will increase advertising income and also boost website’s ranking. Basically these are the reasons why Safehomepage.com virus is categorized as a potentially unwanted program.
The program is also very annoying as it causes tons of redirections while users are browsing. The worst part about it is that it can lead to malicious pages where computers can be badly infected. Moreover, Safehomepage.com virus is tracking your browsing activities. It seeks to get information what your favorite websites are , what you are looking for when making searches and so on. This data is useful for advertising purposes.
Remove Safehomepage.com virus as soon as you detect it on your computer. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Safehomepage.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Safehomepage.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Safehomepage.com virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Safehomepage.com virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Safehomepage.com virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.