Rally Toolbar - How To Remove?
Rally Toolbar is a browser hijacker that was designed to promote some websites and boost their traffic. The program enters random systems bundled with other programs, for example, free video players, PDF converters and so on. For this reason many users get surprised to see Rally Toolbar added to their browser as they haven’t installed it by themselves.
The program changes your homepage and default search engine to my.rally.io. Unfortunately, it only looks like an ordinary search engine but it doesn’t provide the best search results. It includes lots of sponsored websites just to promote them. Most users find it very annoying as they are not able to search for anything efficiently. What is more, Rally Toolbar causes lots of redirect which also complicates your browsing activity.
Although the program is not considered to be a virus, it actually contributes a lot to your computer protection. Rally Toolbar tracks your online activity and records which websites you are visiting and can even reveal your sensitive information, like the passwords that you enter online. All this data can be sold to third parties which often use it for marketing purposes. This way your system is exposed to further attacks.
It is highly recommended to remove Rally Toolbar with no hesitation. It is not safe to keep it on your system and it will only bring you more problems in future. Below we provide removal instructions of this annoying program:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to Rally Toolbar. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Rally Toolbar and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Rally Toolbar, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Rally Toolbar, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.