PortaldoSites.com Hijacker - How to remove?
Portaldosites.com is a browser hijacker that gets inside computer systems together with free downloads. Once it is inside, you will notice that your homepage is changed to Portaldosites.com and your default search engine is now search.portaldosites.com. Although the program itself doesn’t harm your system, it becomes very annoying because of interrupting of your browsing activities.
It displays search results that are based on sponsored links. This way the search becomes completely inaccurate and you are forced to visit promoted websites that are not truly related to the subject you looked for. As you know, there are websites that can cause malware infections to be installed to your machine after you click on a malicious link. The latter links might be listed among the search results. This way Portaldosites.com indirectly poses a risk of getting your system infected. What is more, the program tracks your online activity and collects information about your search queries. Later on this data can be used for marketing purposes.
As already mentioned above, one of the most common Portaldosites.com hijacker’s distribution methods is having it bundled with other software. For this reason you have to be very careful of what you are downloading and even if you trust the program, always be very attentive during its installation. It is recommended to use a custom installation rather than the automatic one. Follow every step without skipping them and deselect unwanted applications to be installed to your system by default. Portaldosites.com is one of many potentially unwanted programs that are added to browsers without users’ knowledge lately .
If you have already became a victim of its creators, we highly recommend removing Portaldosites.com hijacker from your system once you detect it. Go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to Portaldosites.com on a list of programs and click on Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Portaldosites.com from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Portaldosites.com and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
In most cases the steps above might be not enough for all the entries of Portaldosites.com to be removed. If you are not that computer savvy removing them manually might cause more harm to your computer. We recommend scanning your system using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. It will help to get rid of the unwanted program automatically. Even if you choose a manual removal, perform a full system scan afterward to ensure no viruses or any other adware/browser hijackers are left.
Automatic PortaldoSites.com Hijacker removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual PortaldoSites.com Hijacker removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove PortaldoSites.com Hijacker, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other PortaldoSites.com Hijacker infected files and get help in PortaldoSites.com Hijacker removal by using Spyhunter scanner.