Hola Search - How to remove?
Hola Search is a browser hijacker that can be added to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. This application gets injected into computers after you download software form the Internet as it usually comes bundled with free applications. The toolbar changes your homepage, default search engine and new tab page to Holasearch.com. The new search tool looks like any other in its layout. It offers web, images, videos, news search, shortcut to Gmail, Google calendar and Yahoo! maps. Yet not many know that it generates money for its developers by displaying advertisements. These do not necessary have to be pop-up ads. They might be mixed among your search results and you never know if you click on the link that is relevant to your search or that is promoted.
Although the program doesn’t harm your system directly, it can redirect you to malicious website via ads displayed or trick you into clicking on an infected link listed in your search results. The worst thing about Hola Search is that it infiltrates into computers without users’ consent. The program usually comes bundled with freeware and you may not always notice that it is being installed to your machine. If you choose custom installation you will probably be able to avoid installing Hola Search. All you need to do is to deselect any options to install additional applications that you are not aware of.
Go to to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to Hola Search or Hola Hola toolbar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. Make sure there are no browser settings freezer like BrowserProtect installed ( Reimage, Spyhunter or adwcleaner might help detecting these parasites).
Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Hola Search from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Hola Search and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally, run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Don’t forget upgrading it to its latest version before performing system scan.
Automatic Hola Search removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Hola Search removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Hola Search, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Hola Search infected files and get help in Hola Search removal by using Reimage scanner.