How to remove Dosearches.com virus
Dosearches.com virus is a browser hijacker that is installed to random browsers without a user’s consent. In fact, it is possible to detect infiltration of this annoying program, but many of us tend to skip installation steps when we are installing some software and this way add additional programs marked by default. If you follow the installation process of software that you are installing, you will notice that sometimes they contain some additional applications that you can refuse installing. Skipping this step means that they will be installed automatically. That’s how Dosearches.com virus is usually installed.
Once inside, the program replaces your homepage and default search provider with the ones of its own. Dosearches.com website looks just like a regular search provider, however it makes changes in your browser without your permission and that makes it a potentially unwanted program. The tool does not work exactly the same like most of search engines. It includes many commercial websites to your search results and also causes redirections.
Beware that Dosearches.com virus is also known to track your browsing activity and check what websites you are visiting and what information you are browsing about on the Internet. This data is later sent to the remote server and it used for various advertising campaigns in future.
Remove Dosearches.com virus if you have noticed it on your computer. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Dosearches.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Dosearches.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Dosearches.com virus removal tools
Manual Dosearches.com virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Dosearches.com virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Dosearches.com virus infected files and get help in Dosearches.com virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.