Clkmon.com - How to remove?
Clkmon.com is an annoying adware program that lately has been noticed in many computer systems. The program is installed bundled with freeware online. Usually the users don’t notice it until it starts its annoying activity. Clkmon.com changes your browser settings so it could constantly redirect you to unfamiliar websites and collect information about your browser habits.
It is not considered to be a malware however it can causes some annoying consequences. Some people think that the program only causes redirects and the only bad think about it that it doesn’t allow browsing the internet normally and consumes your time. However, you should be aware that it can redirect you to compromised websites where you can get malware infiltrated to your computer. Besides, Clkmon.com can track information about which websites you are visiting, what are your search queries and even sensitive information like your logins and passwords. Later this data can be sold for the third parties and it can be used for marketing purposes.
You should remove Clkmon.com from your computer immediately after noticing it acting on your system. It may look like it only causes inconveniences but actually the problems may be much more serious than you think. You can find removal instructions below which explains all you have to do in order to eliminate this irritating application:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to Clkmon.com. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Clkmon.com and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Clkmon.com, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Clkmon.com, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.
Automatic Clkmon.com removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Clkmon.com removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Clkmon.com, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Clkmon.com infected files and get help in Clkmon.com removal by using Spyhunter scanner.