How to remove Bucksbee Search
Bucksbee Search is a browser hijacker that enters random computer systems through downloads that you can get for free. The application is brought to browsers by Freecause virus. It’s a program that causes redirections to sponsored links and changes in your browser settings without your permission. The program alters your homepage to srp.freecause.com as well as your default search page. Additionally, it ads Bucksbee Toolbar to your machine.
As already mentioned, the program comes bundled with freeware programs. Usually, you can even notice an option to install Bucksbee Toolbar at one of the steps of installation of some downloads. This is the time when you should deselect such options. If you skip this step, the program will be downloaded to your system automatically. To avoid Bucksbee Search browser hijacker to get into your system, always be attentive while installing any application, especially if you get them for free. The creators of various toolbars often bundle them with other programs in order to monetize their products.
Bucksbee Search will badly disturb your browsing activity. Your new search default engine will provide quite different search results basing them on many sponsored websites. You will receive a bunch of ads that are very annoying and disturbing. Most importantly, the program collect information about your search queries and later can use this information to promote certain products or websites. Bucksbee Search is not considered to be a malware, but the way how it infiltrates into the system and what consequences it brings definitely makes it a potentially unwanted program.
You are recommended to remove Bucksbee Search from your computer once you find it there. First, try finding it in your Programs list on Control Panel. Go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to Bucksbee or Freecause on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. To remove the program automatically, we recommend running a full system scan with a reputable antispyware tool, such as Spyhunter. After that fix your browser settings manually:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Bucksbee and Freecause from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Bucksbee (Freecause) and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Automatic Bucksbee Search removal tools
Manual Bucksbee Search removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Bucksbee Search, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Bucksbee Search infected files and get help in Bucksbee Search removal by using Spyhunter scanner.