Browse to Save - How to remove?
“Browse to Save” or Browser to Save is an adware and spyware platform that is used for infecting computer systems and Internet browsers with a help of malware. If a computer is attacked by it, you will start seeing ads and coupons. They might be shown as boxes having special offers or as underlined keywords. If you click on the latter, you will be shown an advertisement that states it has been displayed by “Browse to Save”.
One can get infected after installing another program that had bundled in their installer additional unwanted programs. Browse to Save is a platform that can be joined and used by scammers to earn money. Cyber criminals are paid by Browse to Save every time they install the program to a new computer. It’s no wonder that they distribute it so actively bundling it with browser add-ons, extensions, plugins and Toolbars. It can also be installed together with freeware, shareware, when downloading torrents or media codecs.
If your computer is infected and you start seeing pop-up and in-text advertisements, some of which ask to click on them to continue, do not click or opt out as you might be taken to malicious websites. Only if you see Browse to Save listed in Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list, you can use its manual removal. Please note that other malicious software might have been installed together with it therefore it is recommended to remove all of unknown programs labeled by the same date. For an automatic Browse to Save removal use anti-malware tools such as Spyhunter and Hitman Pro. Even if you chose to remove the infection manually, it is recommended to perform a full system scan afterwards to make sure no malicious files are left. It might be that you will need to restore your home page and search engine to the ones you used before infection. Here are instructions:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers or on IE7 click change search defaults;
- Remove adware from the list.
On Firefox :
- In url field type “about:config” (without the quotes) and do following =>
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for other references to Browse to Safe there.
On Google Chrome:
- Click gear icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove Browse to Safe adware from list.