Awesomehp.com virus - How to remove?
What is Awesomehp.com virus?
Awesomehp.com virus is a browser hijacker that is installed to computers together with various free programs that users are downloading from the Internet. These usually include music or video players, PDF creators and other popular applications that everyone can easily get for free. In some cases, trojans are used. For example, fake ebook or torrent downloads might include hijackers and other malware. Awesomehp.com can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Although it does not harm your computer, the program makes your work while browsing very annoying. Once inside, it will change your homepage and default search provider to Awesomehp.com despite of your previously chosen preferences. If you use this page to make any searches, you will see that it includes lots of sponsored websites to your search results. The purpose of this is to advertise these pages and generate bigger traffic for them.
Computer users should know that they can easily avoid installing such applications. Whenever you are downloading freeware to your computer, for example, some player, go for custom installation. This way you will be able to control any changes that the program will try to make on your PC. If you see that it offers replacing your homepage or search provider, always refuse that. Deselect any already selected check boxes that indicate about changes to be made on your system that could cause unwanted consequences.
If your computer has already been affected, remove Awesomehp.com virus as soon as possible. Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to delete ALL programs added on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Awesomehp.com virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove Awesomehp.com from the list
How To remove Awesomehp.com virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Awesomehp.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers):
If your browser opens AwesomeHp page on startup, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose “properties”.
- Open short cut tab
- Delete awesomehp url from target field.