AdChoices - How to remove?
AdChoices is an adware application that causes lots of pop ups to be displayed on your computer while you are browsing the Internet. It is installed to random systems bundled with freeware. It is not always notices by computer users as it is downloaded to computers automatically unless you deselect this option at one of the steps of installation.
AdChoices mainly displays pop up messages with coupons that offer various discounts and deals. You may think, it is even useful to see such information but in fact, it becomes very annoying as it badly interrupts your work online. Besides, if you click on these messages, you will be redirected to some unknown websites that can contain malware infections. This way you highly increase the chances of getting infected with malicious programs.
Computer users are encouraged to be more careful when downloading any programs from the Internet. You shouldn’t skip any steps of installation without reading what every message of it means. Usually you are able to see what additional programs are offered to be installed together with the main one. You should avoid letting any unknown applications enter your system unless you are sure it’s a legitimate software and you really need it.
Remove AdChoices from your computer straight after detecting it there. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see AdChoices listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. According to the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove AdChoices from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic AdChoices removal tools
Manual AdChoices removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove AdChoices, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other AdChoices infected files and get help in AdChoices removal by using Spyhunter scanner.