Windows 8 Security System is the fresh rogue released in the end of August 2012. It is quite similar to Windows Ultra Antivirus. In fact, we think that current rogue is the production version of the old one, as the first one was not distributed widely and was not finished yet. Window 8 Security System is extremely aggressive and hard to remove.
Typically, one is infected with Windows 8 Security System if he visits infected websites. Even the ones you visit daily might get compromised and distribute malware if their webmasters aren’t careful enough. Due to recent exploits it is very easy to install rogue like Windows 8 Security System on PC and then extort money from the PC owner. Thus I recommend to disable JAVA in your browser and have antivirus with real time protection. You should also be careful with downloading files from torrents or clicking on email and chat links.
Windows 8 Security System will display lots of fake alerts and messages and will show a scan window on each system boot. It will display lots of detections, though it is quite obvious these are fake. For example, its detections include mobile phone parasites that can not affect PC. Windows 8 Security System alerts look like this
Security Alert! Your computer was found to be infected with privacy-threatening software. Private data may get stolen and system damage may be severe.
Recover your PC from the infection right now, perform a security scan.
However, it is not as easy to remove Windows 8 Security System. For protecting its files, it comes with rootkit. Additionally, it will prevent browsers to download software in the normal operation mode. We devised a way to completely eliminate this parasite, though.
The easiest way to remove it is fake-register it using this code: Y86REW-8F42D6E3-FD18 and any email. Then scan with anti-malware programs like spyhunter or Spyhunter. This would allow doing security scan. We are thankful for security researcher Siri for making this code public. (UPDATE. This code does not work on some versions of this rogues, at least ones we tested )
Special Windows 8 Security System malware removal steps:
- Reboot, press F8. Choose safe mode with networking. The rogue should not start in it, but rootkit will be active.
- Download : TDSS Killer ( http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe. Run TDSS Killer. This will delete Windows 8 Security System rootkit file. It will ask you to reboot PC, Do so, but while rebooting, press F8 and choose safe mode with networking AGAIN. If you fail, repeat from step 1.
- Run MSConfig. Disable all startup entries you aren’t sure about.
- Reboot normally. The malware will not load.
- Now it is time to install and run . Delete detected Windows 8 Security System items, you might wish to scan with other anti-malware programs and registry cleaner too.
Video instructions for eliminating Windows 8 Security System
Automatic Malware removal tools