Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is another browser hijacker that attacks Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers and badly complicates user’s online activity. The program changes your default search engine to search.whitesmoke.com. Despite the fact that it looks like an ordinary search provider, the search results always include many sponsored links and this way it amplifies page rank of some websites.
The program also changes you homepage to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info. First of all, this is very annoying, especially since it’s done without your permission. Second, the program collects information about your search queries, favorite websites, browsing history and even login information. This way the program is violating your privacy and that is one more reason to categorize Websearch.homesearch-hub.info as a potentially unwanted program.
If you want to avoid such applications getting on your system, you should be more careful with your downloads, especially free programs form the Internet, like PDF creators, video players and so on. The programs tend to have additional applications bundled which are installed automatically. Websearch.homesearch-hub.info can be one of them. Basically, you have to follow all steps of installations and see whether you are offered to install something extra. Ignore any unknown program as they can be harmful.
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from your system if you detected it on your computer. Follow the steps that we provided below to learn how to do it:
- Try uninstalling Websearch.homesearch-hub.info. You should go to Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list, locate the application there and remove it. If you do not see Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, use Spyhunter, it will detect any browser hijackers and adware that might have come with Websearch.homesearch-hub.info or might have been hidden/saved under another name. Additionally, hijackers might have installed software that prevents browser settings from being changed. Such software ranges from legitimate on to trojan – based only. Make sure you scan your PC with anti-malware programs or your browser settings might revert to hijacked ones
- Check if there is no Websearch.homesearch-hub.info left among browser extensions:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and disable these entries.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, disable them.
- If your home page is still Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, remove it manually:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools ->Internet Options. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Google Chrome click on the Customize icon -> Settings. Click Set Pages under the startup. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Mozilla Firefox go to Tools -> Options (or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options). Under the General tab remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and replace it with your preferred home page.
- If your search engine is still Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, reset it to the one you prefer:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools -> Manage Add Ons -> .Search Providers, Select Google or Bing as default engine and remove the Websearch.homesearch-hub.info search engine from the list.
- For Google Chrome go to the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) -> Settings -> Manage search engines -> select a new search engine as the default one -> click X next to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info to remove it.
- For Mozilla Firefox, click on the search magnify glass icon near the search box, click Manage Search Engines. Remove the Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking Remove. Alternatively, you might have to perform these steps:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
If you did not scan your computer with Spyhunter in the first step, it is recommended to perform a full system scan after all the steps are completed. It will ensure all the remains of Websearch.homesearch-hub.info are removed as well as any viruses that might have infected your system while this browser hijacker was active.
Automatic Websearch.homesearch-hub.info removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove homesearch-hub, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.