Taplika.com virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to Chrome, Firefox, and even Internet Explorer without any knowledge of the computer owner. Once inside, it replaces your default search provider and homepage as well as takes control over your browsing. The program displays tons of advertisements when you browse the Internet and changes your search results by listing sponsored websites instead of relevant ones. WordProser adware will be probably installed alongside with this infection, so you have to take care of that as well.
Taplika Com Virus quicklinks
- Taplika.com gets installed by accident
- Using Taplika.com is not advised
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of Taplika.com virus
- How to remove Taplika.com virus using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Taplika.com virus from macOS
This website is a search provider that offers nothing unique or valuable when compared to the mainstream search engines, like Bing or Google. In fact, it’s less secure because it doesn’t use HHTPS to encrypt queries.
In addition, Taplika.com is lodged into people’s browsers by a browser plugin that has access to some of the data visible through the browser, like browsing history. This makes Taplika.com a privacy risk. Also, the extension can manipulate the behavior of the browser, so installing it can result in pop-ups, redirect, and longer loading times.
Taplika.com is very similar to Geofoxip.com, Search-operator.com, My-search.site, and a multitude of other browser hijackers. Hijacking people’s search engine settings and leeching off their searches by forcing them to see ads on their website allows Taplika.com’s owners to make some money. What about the users? Their browsing is slower, less secure, and less efficient.
Taplika.com search virus – short description:
|Type of threat||
|Problems with Taplika.com||
|Remove the Taplika.com extension|
Taplika.com gets installed by accident
The Taplika.com virus can be installed in computers bundled to other software. This tool is usually installed by accident. If you go through the installation process blindly hitting on the Next button. You can agree to change your homepage or add extra programs without even noticing. When distributors of free programs are paid to include PUPs like Taplika.com with installers of their programs, the person downloading these programs can easily be tricked to install the search virus on their own. Sure, technically the setup wizard probably warned you about the browser hijacker – in tiny font and next to a pre-checked checkbox.
That is why it is recommended to choose a Custom installation and take this process very seriously. Read everything carefully and always deselect options that indicate about making any unwanted changes in your system that are not clear for you. This might sound tedious – some infected installers have gems like warnings that start in the middle of an unrelated paragraph. So maybe it’s best to avoid unreliable distributors altogether and download from the developer’s website.
As a bonus, staying away from shady websites could help avoid malicious ads – Taplika.com and other search viruses use bad ads to spread, too. People being tricked to install an extension is a problem that the popular browsers are continually battling because it is quite prevalent. Developers of hijackers constantly come up with ways to manipulate people. Adware viruses help by just redirecting to Taplika.com, which means that if you found yourself on this site, you need to check your computer and browser for unwelcome guests.
Using Taplika.com is not advised
The extension for Taplika.com (which I’ll just call Taplika.com) claims to be able to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, your bookmarks, your browsing history, manage your apps, extensions, and themes. This gives Taplika.com immense power – for example, it could open the websites it wants on your browser, place or replace ads on any site, even hide content. And it’s a huge problem for privacy, since the add-on can see what extensions you have, what sites you go to, what you search for.
Browser extensions have access to your browser – the program that you use to interact with the web, including things like online shopping and banking. So yeah, if the add-on is untrustworthy, like Taplika.com, it should be removed as soon as possible. Even semi-trusted extensions shouldn’t be used without considering the sacrifice to your privacy first.
If your computer has already been affected, your browsing experience will be constantly interfered with by this annoying hijacker. You will notice constant redirections to unknown websites and excessive amounts of ads in your search results. Taplika.com virus also includes a lot of sponsored links in your search results as it seeks to improve traffic and page ranking of certain pages.
It is highly recommended to remove Taplika.com virus as soon as you detect it on your system. At first, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list, or the Applications folder if you use Mac OS, and uninstall everything related to Taplika.com, Taplika New Tab and similar items. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning the computer with Spyhunter (Windows) or Combo Cleaner (Mac OS), or another reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of Taplika.com virus
How to remove Taplika.com virus using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Taplika.com virus install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Taplika.com virus . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Taplika.com virus easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Taplika.com virus from macOSDelete Taplika.com virus from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Taplika.com virus app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Taplika.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Taplika.com virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Taplika.com virus from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Taplika.com virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Taplika.com virus from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Taplika.com virus from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Taplika.com virus and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.