Sweet-page.com virus is a browser hijacker that can affect your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The application is installed together with various free programs from the Internet. For this reason, you should pay more attention when downloading various music players, PDF creators and other freeware from the Internet. Follow every installation step and if you see any pre-checked confirmation boxes informing about additional downloads, make sure you deselect them.
If Sweet-page.com virus has already managed to enter your computer, you will first of all see that this website is set as your homepage and default search engine. This way you will be forced to use Sweet-page.com. If you try making a search using this page, you will see that it does not work properly and will take you to Yahoo search. The program is probably still being developed and it cannot be normally used yet.
You should remove Sweet-page.com virus from your computer, since it is installed using unfair methods and it disturbs your browsing. Many computer users have been complaining about this page and although it does not harm your computer directly, it can lead to some issues. You should never keep any useless tools on your system.
Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to remove ALL programs added on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How to remove Sweet-page.com virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click change search defaults.
- Remove Sweet-page.com from the list.
How to remove Sweet-page.com virus from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it & reset.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Sweet-page.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
TopRemove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional): If your browser opens Sweet-page.com virus page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete Sweet-page.com virus part from target field.
Automatic Malware removal tools