SpecialSavings virus is an adware that is responsible for advertisements, coupons and deals which start popping up while working with computer. The company’s official website states that by having this application you will get access to the best online coupons, promo codes, deals, grocery coupons and bargains. SpecialSavings.com promises that you will save average of 75USD per week. The truth is that not many get tempted with promises like these ones. Alas, most of those having SpecialSavings virus got it without asking for one.
Please note that browser extension causing displaying of advertisements is not malicious itself. Most likely it was not installed to your computer illegally. SpecialSavings, as many adware companies, uses unfair but compliant with the law method, called bundling. When you chose to install free software, such as video file converter, you would probably do it automatically. Many freeware and shareware has additional programs, toolbars, extensions added in their install wizard. There is always a line informing that another application will be installed together with the main software and you can refuse it by taking a tick box off. Alas many do not read the text and end up having unwanted changes to their computers. A tip for the future, always choose “Custom Install” option and read carefully the installation wizard. If it is written in the language you do not understand, do not install such software. This is one more trick that adware companies use: to write the information in any other language than English hoping their victim gets caught on their hook.
There are several reasons why one should remove SpecialSavings virus, especially if she did not choose to install one intentionally. First of all pop-up and in-text advertisements and special offers disturb your work with computer, might alter the layout of the web pages you visit. Secondly, your Internet browsing habits are being monitored using cookies and other software. The information collected is usually used for displaying of targeted promotions. The third reason is your computer’s security. SpecialSavings does not take any responsibility for the advertisements it displays, some of which might be corrupted or lead to malicious websites. You might click on such an ad accidently and get your computer infected with viruses.
For a SpecialSavings virus to be removed follow the instructions below:
- Download and scan your computer with Spyhunter. If you choose any other antivirus, check beforehand if it can detect and remove adware. SpecialSavings virus and any other unwanted applications that were installed on the same day, should be removed automatically.
- Check the following settings:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Check if there are any entries related to SpecialSavings or Yontoo. If you find any, disable them.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see anything related to SpecialSavings or Yontoo, click on a trash can icon next to it.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see “SpecialSavings” and “Yontoo”, disable them.
- Scan your computer with antivirus program to make sure that no threats are left.
Automatic SpecialSavings Virus removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove SpecialSavings Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.