Soraxi.com virus is a browser hijacker that can secretly infiltrate into random systems, change your homepage and default search engine and completely take over your browsing sessions. The program is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you noticed that Soraxi.com was set as your homepage on one of your browsers and if you are experiencing constant browser crashes as well as find it hard to load websites, your browser has been hijacked.
Although the search tool claims to be powered by Google, the truth is, it will try to promote numerous commercial websites and create traffic for them. Whenever you make a search, you will see sponsored pages listed instead of search results relevant to your search keywords. Furthermore, you may receive random ads that contain links to sponsored or even malicious websites.
Beware that the creators of Soraxi.com virus may be spreading computer viruses to your system by redirecting you to compromised pages. If you have noticed this hijacker, you should get rid of it before your system gets infected even worse. If you wonder how to prevent Soraxi.com virus, pay attention to what links you are clicking on (especially in emails). Also if you are installing new programs to your computer, always choose custom or advanced setup and follow every installation step. If you see any suggestions to add another tool or change your homepage, refuse them. Usually you will have to deselect these options, otherwise, the changes may be applied automatically.
To remove Soraxi.com virus, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs list and uninstall anything related to this domain from there. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How to remove Soraxi.com virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click on Change search defaults;
- Remove Soraxi.com from the list.
How to remove Soraxi.com virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove Soraxi.com virus from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Soraxi.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list;
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose ‘Open blank page’ (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too);
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens Soraxi.com page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete Soraxi.com part from target field.
Automatic Malware removal tools