Smart Address Bar is a browser extension that changes computer browser’s settings and interrupts users’ work while navigating the Internet. Although it is not related to any virus and it does not harm your system directly, it is definitely an unwanted program as it enters systems without users’ knowledge and permission. The program can be added to any browsers, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Most of the time Smart Address Bar is downloaded accidentally, bundled with other software that you can get from the Internet. It can also be installed separately as a free program from the Internet. Once inside, the program will constantly redirect you to search.smartaddressbar.com or smartaddressbar.com. Your homepage and your default search engine will be replaced as well. It is also annoying that your system will not run the same smooth way it used to as Smart Address Bar uses lots of system resources and makes your computer considerably slower.
Be attentive when installing any free application and you will be able to avoid Smart Address Bar accessing your system. When you are downloading something make sure the program is a trustworthy one. Be very attentive performing installation steps as usually you are given an option to deselect additional programs to be installed to your system. Do not skip any installation steps before reading the information. Otherwise all offered applications will be downloaded automatically.
You are highly recommended to remove Smart Address Bar from your computer once you detect it on your system.The easiest way to do that is by going to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to Smart Address Bar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on what browser you use, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Smart Address Bar from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Smart Address Bar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally, run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Don’t forget upgrading it to its latest version before performing system scan.
Here is a video how to remove Smart Adress Bar from your computer:
Automatic Malware removal tools