SideCubes is an adware designed by Veristaff. Com Ltd. It works as a browser add-on and can operate on all most popular web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. As designers of this application state, SideCubes should improve your browsing experience by making it easier to share content, perform searches and make translations. However, instead of those valuable tools you will get annoying ads.
It is recommended to remove SideCubes from your system using an anti-malware program, for example, Spyhunter or Malwarebytes. More experienced users can try doing it manually, although it can be tricky for some. Manual removal guide of SideCubes is provided below this article..
About Sidecubes Adware
As mentioned SideCubes is promoted as a program that is supposed to improve your browsing experience. However, the truth is, it generates a bunch of ads that only interferes your browsing. If you click on any of there ads, you will end up visiting some sponsored website. This is the main goal of SideCubes adware – to promote affiliate websites. Beware that some of these pages may be dangerous to visit or promote useless software.
SideCubes also behaves as a browser hijacker as it can change your web browsers’ home pages, preferred search engine and pop-up tabs with a search.sidecubes.com website. In addition to that, it can also install extra toolbars to your browser. Search.sidecubes.com search engine is very unreliable because it shows corrupt results and annoying ads. It is worth mentioning again that you should click on those ads as they will redirect you to the third parties websites which may be infected. SideCubes is also known for tracking users browsing history and search queries in order to improve their ads and adjust them to users’ habits.
Distribution Methods of Sidecubes
This program comes bundled with freebies. I.e. if you download and install something from the Internet for free, there is a chance that SideCubes will be installed alongside. To avoid that you should be very attentive during the installation and do not skip any steps. If possible – opt out for a custom or advanced install mode and make sure you are aware of all additional software that will be activated. If your computer is already infected with SideCubes, try to scan it with an anti-malware program and delete the threat.
In case you want to do it manually, follow our step-by-step tutorial below. Make sure you eliminate the adware from all browsers that were affected. Then reset their settings.
Using Control Panel to remove the main SideCubes components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for SideCubes and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing SideCubes from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to SideCubes and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing SideCubes from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything SideCubes related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing SideCubes from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to SideCubes. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Automatic Malware removal tools