SecureCryptor is regarded to be a corruptive virus that uses malicious codes to perform dubious procedures inside your computer. It is a Trojan ransomware since the virus hides its payload as an executable file. It is a very severe infection and we are taking our time to inform you about it and provide possible solutions. Actually, it is an improved edition of an Apocalypse ransomware.
About SecureCryptor Ransomware
SecureCryptor virus will hide its file in folders like: %Temp%, &System32% or %AppData%. It won’t stand out, will look like an ordinary file, with no intentions and capacities to encrypt all of you data. However, every time your computer will run, SecureCryptor ransomware’s file also automatically launches. To pursue its goals, SecureCryptor virus will encrypt data with the selected encryption algorithm. It uses a very strong cipher to corrupt files. Also, this ransomware can select to encrypt a variety of files: .PNG, .PSD, .PSPIMAGE, .TGA, .THM, .TIF, .TIFF, .YUV, .AI, .EPS, .PS, .SVG, .INDD, .PCT, .PDF, .XLR, .XLS, .XLSX, .ACCDB, .DB, .DBF, .MDB, .PDB, .SQL, .APK, .APP, .BAT, .CGI, .COM, .EXE, .GADGET, .JAR, .PIF, .WSF, .DEM, .GAM, .NES, .ROM, .SAV, CAD Files, .DWG, .DXF, GIS Files, .GPX, .KML, .KMZ, .ASP, .ASPX, .CER, .CFM, .CSR, .CSS, .HTM, .HTML and many more.
After these clusters of letters, an extension for identification will be added: .SecureCrypted. Also, it is possible, that Shadow Volume Copies will be also deleted by SecureCryptor virus. It also stands out with another aspect. When people try to enter their encrypted, unavailable files, automatically a letter from hackers appears. The Contact_Here_To_Recover_Your_Files.txt file will also be placed on desktop. The content of the note:
A L L Y O U R F I L E S A R E E N C R Y P T E D
All your data – documents, photos, videos, backups – everything is encrypted.
The only way to recover your files: contact us to the next email: [email protected]
Attach to e-mail:
1. Text with your IP server as Subject (To locate your encryption algorithm)
2. 1-2 encrypted files (please don’t send files bigger than 1 MB)
We will check the encrypted file and send you an email with your decrypted file as proof that we actually have the decrypter software.
1. The FASTER you’ll CONTACT US – the FASTER you will RECOVER your files.
2. We will ignore your e-mails without IP server number in Subject.
3. If you haven’t received reply from us in 24 hours – try to contact us via public e-mail services such as Yahoo or so.
How to Decrypt Files Encrypted by SecureCryptor Ransomware?
You should not trust hackers. Do not pay the ransom that they are demanding. In return, you might get an inactive decryption key and your transaction will be purposeless. However, you can use a SecureCryptor decryption tool that has been constructed for victims to recover files. For the future, know that you should store your data in back-up storages. Some of the ransomware viruses are not yet cracked and the only way to get back your files is to retrieve them from backups.
How is SecureCryptor Ransomware is Spread?
Hackers use various methods to distribute SecureCryptor virus. Do not visit rogue webpages or open spam letters that offer updates for software or other suspicious services. If your email account presents you a message, proclaiming that you have won some money, do not click on a link that is suggested. With this short action, you might sentence yourself for a long headache, while battling with the SecureCryptor ransomware. At the beginning of this article we promised to provide solutions. We are already informed you about the decryptor. Another factor is to actually eliminate this SecureCryptor virus with professional anti-malware tools like Spyhunter or Malwarebytes.
Securecryptor Ransomware quicklinks
- About SecureCryptor Ransomware
- How to Decrypt Files Encrypted by SecureCryptor Ransomware?
- How is SecureCryptor Ransomware is Spread?
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- How to recover SecureCryptor Ransomware encrypted files and remove the virus
- Step 1. Restore system into last known good state using system restore
- 1. Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- 2.Restore System files and settings.
- Step 4. Use Data Recovery programs to recover SecureCryptor Ransomware encrypted files
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to recover SecureCryptor Ransomware encrypted files and remove the virus
Step 1. Restore system into last known good state using system restore
1. Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
for Windows 7 / Vista/ XP
- Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- Press F8 key repeatedly until Advanced Boot Options window appears.
- Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
for Windows 8 / 10
- Press Power at Windows login screen. Then press and hold Shift key and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- When it loads, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of Startup Settings.
2.Restore System files and settings.
- When Command Prompt mode loads, enter cd restore and press Enter.
- Then enter rstrui.exe and press Enter again.
- Click “Next” in the windows that appeared.
- Select one of the Restore Points that are available before Securecryptor virus has infiltrated to your system and then click “Next”.
- To start System restore click “Yes”.
Step 2. Complete removal of SecureCryptor RansomwareAfter restoring your system, it is recommended to scan your computer with an anti-malware program, like Spyhunter and remove all malicious files related to Securecryptor virus. You can check other tools here.
Step 3. Restore SecureCryptor Ransomware affected files using Shadow Volume CopiesIf you do not use System Restore option on your operating system, there is a chance to use shadow copy snapshots. They store copies of your files that point of time when the system restore snapshot was created. Usually Securecryptor virus tries to delete all possible Shadow Volume Copies, so this methods may not work on all computers. However, it may fail to do so. Shadow Volume Copies are only available with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. There are two ways to retrieve your files via Shadow Volume Copy. You can do it using native Windows Previous Versions or via Shadow Explorer. a) Native Windows Previous Versions Right-click on an encrypted file and select Properties → Previous versions tab. Now you will see all available copies of that particular file and the time when it was stored in a Shadow Volume Copy. Choose the version of the file you want to retrieve and click Copy if you want to save it to some directory of your own, or Restore if you want to replace existing, encrypted file. If you want to see the content of file first, just click Open.
b) Shadow Explorer It is a program that can be found online for free. You can download either a full or a portable version of Shadow Explorer. Open the program. On the left top corner select the drive where the file you are looking for is a stored. You will see all folders on that drive. To retrieve a whole folder, right-click on it and select “Export”. Then choose where you want it to be stored.
Step 4. Use Data Recovery programs to recover SecureCryptor Ransomware encrypted filesThere are several data recovery programs that might recover encrypted files as well. This does not work in all cases but you can try this:
- We suggest using another PC and connect the infected hard drive as slave. It is still possible to do this on infected PC though.
- Download a data recovery program.
- Install and scan for recently deleted files.