Since browser extensions became available, so many interesting and beneficial plugins were created in order to enhance online surfing experience, search quality, secure the connection and overall make things easier for internet users. However, with increasing popularity, malicious add-ons began appearing as well, trying, on the contrary, benefit from those who installed them, and so Searchsecureprime.co, or simply Search Secure, is one of those malevolent browser extensions responsible for the commotion in the cyber world.
Searchsecureprime Co Hijacker quicklinks
- Features of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker
- How does Searchsecureprime.co virus infect browsers
- How to get rid of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Remove Searchsecureprime.co virus from your browser
- How to remove Searchsecureprime.co hijacker using Windows Control Panel
Our researchers have figured that Searchsecureprime.co hijacker is designed to attack the most popular search providers – Chrome and Firefox. At the moment, statistics demonstrate that the threat’s website receives close to 1 million visitors per month, mostly from the United States, Canada and Germany, Iran, India. As for the domain that has been active since November 2018, that is a very impressive rate of popularity. Additionally, as the Chrome Web Store shows, the Search Secure extension was installed almost 23k times, yet does not have any comments or ratings, indicating that these setups were not always voluntary. So if your browser got taken over by the Searchsecureprime.co browser hijacker and you want to learn on how to fully delete it, continue reading this article and you will find out the best methods and details about the add-on virus and how to really protect your system.
Features of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker
Searchsecureprime.co hijacker is developed by an already infamous company HyperConnect Media, which seems to have a few other, similarly functioning hijackers, e.g. MySearchPlus.co, Dailyfileconverter.co. These three plugins look all different but act the same, aiming to regulate your World Wide Web content that gets presented to you in order to benefit from excessive online advertisements and Sponsored deals, which pay for the Clicks, views and actions. The more displayed ads, rerouted visitors for the increased traffic and infected systems, the more crooks can receive. On top of that, Searchsecureprime.co hijacker is known to be collecting personal data, which later is shared with third-party corporations for them to improve Targeted advertising and etc.
In order to be able to complete paying tasks, Searchsecureprime.co virus needs to gain authorization, which it does by running malicious scripts, that allow changing the browser’s default settings without having the user to agree to it. This way Searchsecureprime.co hijacker changes your current search provider into Yahoo Search, sets new homepage and new tabs. Of course, in order to prevent any legal issue, it mentions briefly before installation that you should expect these things, and continues explaining them in the PrivacyPolicy, which no one reads. Unfortunately, as Virustotal.com report shows, none of the antivirus programs mark the site as malicious, therefore it’s only up to the user to avoid this threat.
Nowadays we transfer a lot of personal and non-identifiable data through our browsers, including credit card numbers, logins, messages, work documents, healthcare information and etc. therefore we want to feel safe when going online. Paradoxically, Searchsecureprime.co hijacker does the opposite than it claims to protect you from and tracks your every step on the internet and shares it with whoever it wants. Moreover, it ends up often redirecting victims to redirects to online stores, products/services, other harmful extension installers, and uses other two subdomains to support it -search.searchsecureprime.co, wwwufixit.searchsecureprime.co.
Clearly, there is nothing beneficial for you as a user from Search Secure extension, and it should be in your best interest to remove it in order to protect yourself from identity theft, emptied bank accounts, additional malware installs or other breached data. This plugin just proves the Necessity of virtual awareness and your responsibility to protect yourself from online threats.
How does Searchsecureprime.co virus infect browsers
Browser hijacker like Searchsecureprime.co either can trick you into believing that they are the best thing in the world and will provide you with a lot of help/advantages or they can sneak into the system unnoticed and stay completely silent, up until the moment you try to remove them. In our case, Searchsecureprime.co virus does both. Even though it has a pretty decent official website which tells about the great benefits of this security extension, the main traffic/popularity still comes from less official and intended installations.
According to the Similarweb.com site, users who end up on the main site of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker, come from referring websites such as sports-related blogs, redirect viruses, free online video streaming pages and ads/links placed on some Youtube videos, Reddit and etc. You can get diverted to Searchsecureprime.co even if you are visiting the unrelated and at-the-first-sight safe domain, as long as it allows promotions from PopCash, RevenueHits, exoClick, Google Display Network advertising network companies, which seem to be paid by the developers to proliferate their browser virus.
On top of that, Searchsecureprime.co hijacker might end up getting installed into the browser through the Compiled Setup Wizards that comes from third-party vendors, torrents and etc. You must always get your software from official sources or else you can easily get unwanted applications without being aware of it. Distributors earn money from pay-per-install advertising mean from the creators of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker, therefore they are more driven to infect your system with it, without asking for permission. Yet, if you must get a program from the shady place, then at least run it on Advanced/Custom mode and deselect all additional programs, which can be premarked to get added as well.
How to get rid of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker
The elimination of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker from the compromised browser is best completed with the combination of automatic and manual removal techniques. First, you should remove the threat from your Mozilla or Chrome as shown in the instructions below, and then continue with a system scan with anti-malware programs. Although security programs are able to handle threats like Searchsecureprime.co virus, yet it is beneficial to stop this malware yourself, so it would not interfere with further elimination processes.
Spyhunter Malwarebytes are both very great spyware removal applications, which can detect and delete all the unwanted and harmful files which may have entered prior or after Searchsecureprime.co hijacker’s infection. Just a few clicks are enough to complete the whole virus search on your computer, therefore you will save time and will be positive that your computer is safe to use again.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Remove Searchsecureprime.co virus from your browser
Here you will find the step-by-step guide on how to get rid of Searchsecureprime.co hijacker from Chrome and Mozilla browsers yourself. It isn’t any different than eliminating any other plugin/extension, yet if you get stuck in the middle of the process this will help you to get back on track. Mind you, some readers noticed that Searchsecureprime.co virus was observed to set up in Window’s Control Panel as a separate program too, therefore don’t forget to check this directory.
TopHow To remove Searchsecureprime.co hijacker from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Searchsecureprime.co hijacker, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Searchsecureprime.co hijacker from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Searchsecureprime.co hijacker related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Searchsecureprime.co hijacker using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Searchsecureprime.co hijacker install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Searchsecureprime.co hijacker . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Searchsecureprime.co hijacker easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.