Search4Moviex is a browser extension for Chrome, which promises the convenience of data about your favorite movies which can be accessed straight from URL bar just in a few clicks. Movie fanatics may find this plugin extremely helpful, however, the problems it causes in the long-term are not worth the comfort, moreover, after taking a better look, the offered features are not that great either. If your search provider has been infected with Search4Moviex virus, you probably have made up your mind to remove it, and if not, then this article will enlighten you on why exactly it is such an ambiguous application and what can you do in order to get rid of it.
Search4moviex Virus quicklinks
- What’s the purpose of Search4Moviex virus
- How Search4Moviex hijacker infects browsers
- How to eliminate Search4Moviex virus
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- How to remove Search4Moviex extension from Chrome
What’s the purpose of Search4Moviex virus
Like we mentioned in the introduction, Search4Moviex is technically a browser hijacker. It gets in as a malicious extension, runs shady scrips and gains the power over your search engine, changing almost all default settings like homepage, main provider, and new tabs. This threat specifically is developed by Aztec Media company, that is not new in malware business, and has numerous of other hijackers, for example, smartmediatabsearch.com, powermediatabsearch.com, Searchfort.online and etc. Just like alternative variants Search4Moviex hijacker changes your preferred search into blpsearch.com and sets Yahoo Search as the main provider, meaning that all content from the World Wide Web will be managed by the crooks.
All these features are meant to generate profit for Aztec Media company, so they could post their third-party ads excessively without being monitored. The more clicks/views/installs victims make, the greater benefits Search4Moviex virus is getting. Facing Affiliate programs, being constantly redirected, and even dealing with Additional malware can become your daily routine if you keep this hijacker. Not to mention how ineffective your online browsing will be when all the relevant results will be pushed to the very bottom by all these promotions. So we recommend deleting Search4Moviex hijacker as soon as possible.
How Search4Moviex hijacker infects browsers
To get all the authorization rights which enable major changes in the browser, Search4Moviex virus needs to first install as a plugin. This helps to prevent current antivirus from detecting the threat too. Knowing this, developers make sure that they have more than one trusted and successful distribution source. One of such techniques is placing tons of redirecting links on the internet which bring users to the Chrome Web Store where they can voluntarily install the extension. If advertising networks, websites or even other adware viruses are selected right, then the huge traffic can increase potential victims’ numbers too. According to the Similarweb.com, more than 60% of visits to the site come from redirects such as a63t9o1azf.com, 49oa3o49b6.com, 45eijvhgj2.com, 6kup12tgxx.com, s5prou7ulr.com.
However, while the latter technique exposes Search4Moviex virus installation page to hundreds of thousands of users, that does not mean that they will add it to their browsers. For this reason, Search4Moviex hijacker proliferates via Bundles of other programs. Free software distributors are known to be compiling Setup Assistants of famous software with additional recommended apps, which are set by the default to enter the computer with the main program unless the user runs it in Advanced/Custom mode, which we always suggest. This is how without the separate proper warning Search4Moviex extension gets automatically added on Chrome, surprising you by appearing out of nowhere. In order to prevent this from happening, always get programs from their original sources.
How to eliminate Search4Moviex virus
Because of the strict and serious Google Chrome measures, Search4Moviex virus, just like many other malicious extensions have to be very careful in order not to be taken down and act as usual as any other reputable application. That is why Search4Moviex has its own removal option and all the performed actions are clearly stated before the setup, so the responsibility fully falls on the user. But that does not always mean that the elimination is effortless, so users who are struggling can look into our presented instructions. Fortunately, for those who don’t have the time nor the technical skills can terminate Search4Moviex extension automatically.
Trustworthy anti-malware products, that can help you with Search4Moviex virus, are Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. They all offer free scan, so you can see which one works best for you, before proceeding with full elimination. The reason why it is beneficial to use security tool is that it can detect computer viruses which may not be visible for you or if during the by-hand removal some malicious leftover files managed to escape being deleted, anti-spyware applications will take care of them as well.
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to remove Search4Moviex extension from Chrome
Here are the instructions on how very simply you can delete Search4Moviex extension from you Chrome. You can either access the installed plugins panel as shown below or by entering ‘chrome://extensions/’ into browser’s URL bar. Moreover, Search4Moviex virus can even be terminated by right-clicking on it and selecting ‘Remove from Chrome’ option from the popped-up list. If this browser add-on has been in your system for quite a while, then we highly suggest scanning the computer with an anti-malware tool, just to make sure that no other threats managed to sneak in using your system’s vulnerable state.
TopHow To remove Search4Moviex virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Search4Moviex virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
TopHow to remove Search4Moviex virus from Google Chrome on Mac:
- Open Chrome browser.
- Enter in the url field “chrome://extensions” address and hit Enter.
- Find Search4Moviex virus on the extensions list and click on the recycle bin icon next to it.
- Click on 'Chrome' button at the top left corner. Select 'Preferences' on a drop-down menu box.
- Find 'Search' options on Settings tab. If your search engine is changed, click 'Manage Search Engines' and set your preferred search engine.
- On the same page find 'Show home button' checkbox and change your homepage.
- On the 'Preferences' menu window, scroll down to the bottom and find 'Reset settings' button. Click it.
- Confirm your selection and click 'Reset' on the following window.