Search.emailaccessonline.com might look like a legitimate search engine that will also help you check your email inbox faster than ever before. The truth is, Email Access Online is just a browser plugin that wants to be installed so that it can advertise to you. It is listed as a browser hijacker and we do not recommend to use it. If you have recently discovered that this malware is operating on your system but don’t know how to eliminate it, you have come to the right place. In this article will help you get rid of this hijacker as well as remove other adware viruses. We’ll also talk about how browser viruses like Search.emailaccessonline.com found their way to your browser and what damage they might cause.
Search Emailaccessonline Com quicklinks
- How to get rid of Search.emailaccessonline.com
- About Search.emailaccessonline.com browser hijacker
- Search.emailaccessonline.com – privacy and ads
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of Search.emailaccessonline.com virus
- How to remove emailaccessonline using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove emailaccessonline from macOS
Search.emailaccessonline.com problems and removal:
|Email Access Online removal|
|Distribution of browser hijackers||
How to get rid of Search.emailaccessonline.com
If you want to remove Search.emailaccessonline.com from your browser, I suggest you clean your computer thoroughly and completely: remove any adware applications, PUPs that might have downloaded the adware, and set your browser’s privacy and security settings to protect you as much as possible during web surfing.
First, download reliable anti-malware software, such as Spyhunter or Malwarebytes for PC, or Combo Cleaner for Mac, install it on your computer, and then run a thorough scan (configure the settings to look for PUPs). Any reputable anti-malware tool will do the job. This scan is needed to get rid of the adware on your computer that’s responsible for downloading the Search.emailaccessonline.com hijacker and, in many cases, preventing it from being removed, as well as the hijackers themselves.
In case you feel like removing Search.emailaccessonline.com manually – scroll down below this article and take a look at our step-by-step Search.emailaccessonline.com manual removal guide. The process is slightly different for each browser, but we’ve got instructions with screenshots so it should all go smoothly. If you removed all adware from your computer, Search.emailaccessonline.com should get removed and not come back.
To learn more about specific features of Search.emailaccessonline.com please continue reading this article. If you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will do our best to answer them all.
About Search.emailaccessonline.com browser hijacker
Search.emailaccessonline.com is a browser extension created by SpringTech, also known as EightPoint/Polarity, and a clone of other browser hijackers like Get News Fast, How To DIY, and Your Email Simplified. All these browser viruses operate as add-ons and it can be added to all most common web browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and even Safari.
Despite its wide reach, Search.emailaccessonline.com has nothing to offer users – you’ll access your email no faster with it installed than without it. That’s because Search.emailaccessonline.com is incredibly basic and made just for the purpose of hijacking your browser.
Once inside of your system, Search.emailaccessonline.com will change some settings on web browsers: you get a different homepage, and your default search engine is new. Now, every time you open the web browser, the search.emailaccessonline.com website will be displayed instead of your regular homepage.
Search.emailaccessonline.com – privacy and ads
Search.emailaccessonline.com is presented as a search engine that is fast and convenient to use. However, it is not true and you should not trust it. Search.emailaccessonline.com has no unique search functionality to offer and besides, all search queries are executed using Yahoo. You might be curious about the explanation for this – why does Search.emailaccessonline.com replace your homepage and your search engine? Well, hijackers invade browsers to steal people’s browsing history and search terms. Then they use that data to figure out what ads to show you and make deals with advertisers.
Search.emailaccessonline.com might collect your personal data without even informing you about that. Such data as your browsing history, most visited websites, IP and email addresses or search queries can be collected and used to improve ads so that they look more relevant and attractive to you.
Using Search.emailaccessonline.com, you will notice a lot of advertisements on all pages that you go to, including in web search results. Email Access Online is not just a hijacker – it’s an adware virus. It will display ads in all kinds of forms, including pop-up, pop-under, in-text, banner or contextual advertisements. New tabs or even windows with ads can be opened at any time as well. Those ads are very annoying so it’s just another reason to remove Search.emailaccessonline.com from your computer as soon as possible. These ads appear instead of genuine content and make searching for information frustrating. Pop-ups show up on e-shops and other websites, distracting you and trying to promote low-quality and counterfeit products.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of Search.emailaccessonline.com virus
How to remove emailaccessonline using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Search.emailaccessonline.com install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to emailaccessonline . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Search.emailaccessonline.com easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove emailaccessonline from macOSDelete Search.emailaccessonline.com from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the emailaccessonline app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Search.emailaccessonline.com from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Search.emailaccessonline.com, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Search.emailaccessonline.com from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Search.emailaccessonline.com related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Search.emailaccessonline.com from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Search.emailaccessonline.com from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall emailaccessonline and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.