Micorsoft Security Essential Pro 2013 is fresh rogue antivirus that tries to cash in on free Microsoft Security Essentials. However, it is obvious on the first sign that this one is fake. First of all, MES Pro 2013 will not install normally, but as fake updates or shareware distributed through shady channels. Generally, once you download malicious program and launch the trojan bundled with it, your PC will be infected. This is not the way legitimate programs are distributed. All legitimated Microsoft Updates and programs are either downloaded from its website or distributed through windows update.
The fake Micorsoft Essential Security Pro 2013 (yes, it has spelling mistakes in name) will launch on each execution of .exe program. This makes the program very annoying and hard to fix. It will show a fake scan window and will ask a purchase to remove non-existing threats from your PC. It will claim that you have to get a license :
This version of Microsoft Essential Security Pro 2013 is for trial purpose only. Threats’ removal and real time protection features are disabled. Using trial version you can only perform scanning for viruses and malware and spyware on your PC.
To be able to remove threats and turn real time protection on, you need to activate Micorsoft Essential Security Pro 2013. To do so, click “Get Licence” button below.
Note, that the message is written with lot of spelling mistakes, even in their own name. Thus it is obvious that Microsoft Essential Security Pro is a scam. Although current version does not show popups, failing to launch programs forces users to look for a fix. Do not Purchase the Microsoft Essential Security Pro 2013 – it will not cure your PC and will make your credit card available to scammers and money launderers .
To remove Micorsoft Essential Security Pro 2013, do following:
- Go to any folder, choose folder and search options, View and make sure you see hidden files and see extensions for known file types. Apply it to all folders.
- Download spyhunter. rename executable to exp.com (from .exe) and launch it. This should kill malware process.
- Download and run .exe registry fix from https://www.2-viruses.com/wp-content/uploads/exeregfix.reg. Import it to registry.
- Let the scan finish and delete deleted items. If it is fresh Micorsoft Essential Security Pro 2013 version, you might have to scan with other anti-malware programs too, like Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Reboot your system. The Microsoft Essential Security Pro 2013 infection should be cleaned.
We thank Sunbelt for alerting about this fresh rogue.
Automatic Malware removal tools