InterYield is an adware which collaborates with the third parties websites and shows their ads to users of infected computers. If you are seeing ads marked by the statements “Ads by InterYield”, “Powered by InterYield”, “InterYield Deals” or “Brought to you by InterYield” when browsing the Internet that means your computer has been infected by InterYield and you should remove it. Displaying of numerous ads on all most popular browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox isn’t everything – InterYield also redirects users to the third parties websites which may be infected. It may record your browsing history and search queries and transfer this information to the third parties websites in order to make ads more attractive specifically to you.
This adware is distributed mostly bundling to free software that can be found on the Internet. In order to avoid InterYield on your PC you should be extremely attentive during free software installation process as these annoying tools are often bundled with it. Opt out for an advanced or a custom installation mode and read all terms and conditions. Make sure you review all additional applications that are going to be installed alongside in order to avoid any PUP (potentially unwanted program) to be added to your computer. In case if your PC is already infected, try our removal tutorial to remove InterYield completely.
Using Control Panel to remove the main InterYield pop-up components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for InterYield and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing InterYield pop-up from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to InterYield and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing InterYield pop-up from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything InterYield related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing InterYield pop-up from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to InterYield. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from Control Panel or with antimalware programs (like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers (like RevoUninstaller).
Automatic Malware removal tools