Polizei Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität is antoher Ukash related computer ransomware that was designed to steal money from less experienced computer users. It’s one of those programs that locks your system claiming that you broke a law and asks to pay a fine in order to get back your system. Polizei Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität claims that you have been using various pornographic content files including their distribution to other users. This malware is specific to Austria, though you can get the infection in other countries as well.
If you want to get your system unblocked, you will be asked to make a payment and, according to the program, in 48 hours your computer will be unblocked. Have in mind that it is not true. Polizei Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität virus only wants to get your money and it has nothing to do with actual police and fining. Here is a fragment of the message that you will receive once infected:
Polizei Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität
Alle auf diesem Computer durchgeführten Vorgange werden aufgezeichnet. Wenn Sie eine Webcam benutzen, dann werden alle Videos und Fotos fur die Identifikation aufgezeichnet.
Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt!
Um Ihren Computer zu entsperren und ein Strafverfahren zu vermeiden, mussen Sie ein Zahlung in Hohe von 100€ vornehmen.
You are highly recommended to remove Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität virus from your machine immediatelly after noticing it on your computer. Use a reputable antispyware program, such as Spyhunter, for the best results. Since the system is completely locked, perform the steps mentioned below to get rid of Polizei Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität virus as soon as possible.
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. Usually Polizei Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität virus should not be launched there.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should reference Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of user’s folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run https://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete the executables it finds.
There are video instructions helping to get rid of Control Department Gegen Cyberkriminalität ransomware:
<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/_I3cSq3T5VA” height=”360″ width=”640″ frameborder=”0″>
Automatic Malware removal tools