Österreichischen Polizei virus is a malicious program that focuses on infecting computer systems located in Austria. It’s an application that blocks PC pretending to be sent by police and tries to get money from computer users. As you see, Österreichischen Polizei virus uses the name of Austrian Police to gain trust. It accuses users of using pornographic content and forces to pay a fine for removing the charges. If the fine is not paid, it threatens with facing even worse consequences such as confiscating of a computer or even imprisonment.
The application does not allow running any of your programs or access your files. It fully blocks computer therefore the only thing you see is a message claiming that you have violated the law. The aim of Österreichischen Polizei virus was just to steal money and it decided to use a very smart technique – to illegally use the name of police. Below you can have a look at the message that you will receive once infected:
Der Computer ist gesperrt Internetdienstanbieter
Arbeiten Sie Ihren Computer auf dem Gelände der Betrachtung illegalen Inhalten ausgesetzt wurde
All illegalen Aktivitäten auf Ihrem Computer, einschließslich Fotos und Videos von der Webcam, in einem
Polizei-Datenbank zur weiteren Identifizierung der einzelnen Täter gespeichert
Österreichischen Polizei virus infiltrates into computers with a help of Trojan viruses, therefore there are no chances you would detect it before infiltration. Once your PC is infected, you will see this message on your computer screen. Since access to all programs will be blocked, your situation will be quite complicated. For this reason many users fall for this scam, simply because they do not see any other solutions then paying the ransom.
Beware that Österreichischen Polizei virus is a scam and there is no way you should trust it. Do not pay anything as it will not help you. Even after the payment, your system will remain blocked. The best solution is to remove Österreichischen Polizei virus from your computer once you detect it. If your computer has more than one user account and not all of them are locked, scan whole PC with anti-malware programs, e.g. spyhunter, by logging to the account that is not blocked. Another option is to use system restore. If none of these methods worked for you, do the following:
- Restart your computer;
- Press F8 while it is still restarting;
- Choose between safe modes in following order: Safe mode, Safe mode with command prompt
Then follow the guides below:
If your computer runs in Safe mode or Safe mode with networking
- Launch MSConfig.
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;. Note, that these are typical locations for Österreichischen Polizei virus but some others might be used.
- Restart the system once again.
- Scan with https://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to identify Österreichischen Polizei virus files and delete it.
Here is a video showing how to complete the steps:
If your computer runs in Safe mode with command prompt
- Run Regedit.
- Search for WinLogon Entries. Write down all files it references that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe
- Search registry for Österreichischen Polizei virus files and delete the registry keys referencing the files
- Try to reboot and scan with Spyhunter.
- If this fails, try doing system restore from safe mode with command prompt (rstrui.exe)
If none of safe modes could be launched
Some versions of Österreichischen Polizei virus disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs:
- Reboot normally.
- Enter: http://2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . If malware is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly. Press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R couple times. Österreichischen Polizei virus process should be killed.
Here is a video detailing this approach:
Hitman Pro USB disk
If you did not succeed using any of the methods above, try scanning PC with a bootable USB or DVD disk. These should be able to remove all versions of Österreichischen Polizei virus, but will not work if your hard drive is encrypted.
For that, we recommend using Hitman Pro Kickstarter USB.
- Download Hitman Pro on uninfected PC.
- Run Hitman and ask to create Kickstarter USB (option on initial screen)
- When USB ready, reboot infected PC with USB attached and press DEL
- Choose USB as primary boot device.
- Boot normally.
- Run Hitman Pro and https://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . One of these programs should detect and remove malware from your PC.
Automatic Malware removal tools