Only-search.com virus is a browser hijacker that is installed to random computers together with other software that you can download from the Internet. The program makes some modifications in your browser settings, including changing your homepage and default search engine to only-search.com. It can also place a lock file in your browser to avoid competing software from changing its settings. Only-search.com virus can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Usually it infiltrates to your system while you are downloading free programs, for example, PDF creators, video players or similar software. It can also be bundled to custom installer on some download websites. You will not even notice when you agree to change your browser search provider and homepage to Only-search.com virus while installing some other program, especially if you select an automatic installation option. That is why it is highly recommended to follow installation steps of any software you are downloading by reading the information attentively and refuse installing any additional tools that you are not familiar with.
Although the program does not cause a direct harm to your computer, it might be the one that is responsible for making your PC face more serious virus attacks by redirecting to malicious websites. Only-search.com virus includes plenty of sponsored links in your search results. By making users click on them, it builds traffic for these websites. It can also collect information about your search queries and other browsing habits and use it to display more personalized advertisements on your computer.
Remove Only-search.com virus from your system as soon as you detect it on your browser. First, you will have to remove it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list . It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Only-search.com virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Only-search.com from the list
How To remove Only-search.com virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Only-search.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
TopRemove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional): If your browser opens Only-search.com virus page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete Only-search.com virus part from target field.
Automatic Malware removal tools