The MyTransitMapper browser extension is supplied by Mindspark Interactive Networks, Inc or Mindspark for short. Their developed software has been questioned for quite some time now and security researchers agree that their creations are unnecessary and even can negatively affect your privacy, online security, and productivity. The company actively promotes its browser extensions and displays repetitive pop-up ads, but most of its browser add-ons are the same type of junkware – a search redirect virus.
- Features of MyTransitMapper
- Arrival of MyTransitMapper
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of MyTransitMapper
- How to remove MyTransitMapper using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove MyTransitMapper from macOS
The MyTransitMapper browser extension is supposed to help people plan their routes, get quick access to bus and train schedules, transit maps, and other features. It tempts people by promising detailed reports about current traffic conditions, maps and satellite images or turn-by-turn directions.
However, what MyTransitMapper will actually do is assign an original Hp.myway.com variant featuring a logo of MyTransitMapper as your home page. It’s a home page connected with MyWay which you’ll be forced to use for searching the web. The map functionality is delivered by websites which are independent of the extension, which means that MyTransitMapper is totally useless and unnecessary, just like its cousins MyTransitPlanner, MyTransitGuide, and MapsGalaxy.
MyTransitMapper is a search hijacker that does not put the users’ interests first:
|Problems with MyTransitMapper||
Features of MyTransitMapper
We cannot state that products by Mindspark are 100% dangerous and their utilization will lead you to malware infections, monitoring of your online browsing and other irregularities with your system. However, there is some truth in these statements as MyTransitMapper is not a completely safe browser extension either. It will reset your browsers’ default home pages and new tabs to its Hp.myway.com search engine. These preferences will be secured from your influence and the only way to get rid of this platform is to remove the browser hijacker itself. A malware parasite is transmitted with MyTransitMapper browser extension and your operated browser will act more irregularly than usual.
MyTransitMapper will provide its services hand-in-hand with third-parties. In the EULA document of Mindspark, the company clearly discloses information about the feature that all of its software applications have: they all present advertisements and links to other websites or resources. All of this distributed material is explained by the Terms and Privacy conditions that apply to MyTransmit Mapper. Because this browser extension promotes content that it does not take responsibility for, it is very likely that the service simply washes its hands clean in case their users end up infected with malware. Damages or losses from goods or services that are available on or through any external website, social network or resource.
In addition to that, MyTransitMapper browser extension can initiate some extremely aggravating monitoring of your online activity. Names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, usernames and passwords, information from social networking sites might not be collected straight away, but if you continue to use this service, it is possible that such data will be compromised. However, once people enter the searching platform of MyTransitMapper, some details will become known to Mindspark automatically: IP addresses, browser types, preferred language, time-stamps, keyword queries, search queries, visited websites, browsing histories.
In addition to collecting this data, Mindspark will also give permissions to third-parties to start monitoring you as well. Thanks to this feature, ad networks/companies and other affiliates might show more tailor-suited content. Delivering ads to users is a very lucrative business for the ad-tech companies, so getting access to your browser and thus, your browsing data, is great for Mindspark. We have already emphasized that we are unsure whether the content MyTransitMapper provides is legitimate. But browser extensions get very close access to your browser – the program you use for web browsing. Some software might abuse this access and breach your privacy, and MyTransitMapper is not trustworthy, as it acts like any other browser hijacker.
Arrival of MyTransitMapper
MyTransitMapper has an official website for distribution: it even features an audio message, encouraging users to download this browser extension. In addition to that, Mindspark can spread the word about this add-on by distributing promotional content in forms of pop-ups. We have noticed that unreliable websites very frequently feature ads for Mindspark products. Do no download them voluntarily. However, you might not always have a choice because freeware bundlers might install MyTransitMapper without you even knowing. During installation processes of free applications, select advanced/custom modes. That way, you will be able to review the application better and reject conditions that do not seem right to you. Mostly, we are referring to the lists of recommended software that are usually included in Setup Wizards. Do not install the programs that are suggested in those tables.
Spyhunter for Windows and Combo Cleaner for Mac OS could delete suspicious programs like the MyTransitMapper browser extension without leaving evidence that it ever existed. The manual removal of this browser hijacker is explained for your convenience as well.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of MyTransitMapper
How to remove MyTransitMapper using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like MyTransitMapper install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to MyTransitMapper . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make MyTransitMapper easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove MyTransitMapper from macOSDelete MyTransitMapper from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the MyTransitMapper app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove MyTransitMapper from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to MyTransitMapper, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove MyTransitMapper from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything MyTransitMapper related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove MyTransitMapper from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove MyTransitMapper from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall MyTransitMapper and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.