Lsa.lifescript.com popup is a bogus message that was designed to promote ads and create traffic for commercial websites. It comes along with adware programs but it is not easy to tell what adware exactly is responsible for it, because a different system may be infected with different versions. It is only known that these adware spread together with freeware programs that can be downloaded from the Internet. So computer users are advised to take a better care of their new downloads. Always opt for a Custom or Advanced installation so you could see all additional applications that come along with the main software.
Most of the times, Lsa.lifescript.com popup contains various promotional ads. It appears out of a sudden despite what you are doing on the Internet. The creators of it expect you to click on the ad, because the more clicks they collect the better advertising revenue they get. However, you should bear in mind that Lsa.lifescript.com popup can redirect you to numerous malicious websites and infect your computer with serious infections. Moreover, it is very annoying to have your browsing activity regularly interrupted.
Another thing you should know about adware is that these programs often monitor your browsing habits. If it manages to track your search queries and browsing history it will be able to use it to generate targeted advertisements and get even more clicks. Besides, accessing of this data can also violate your privacy. It is strongly recommended to remove Lsa.lifescript.com popup before it does more damage to your system. Follow the steps of the guide provided below, to learn how to detect the adware and eliminate it from your computer.
Using Control Panel to remove the main Lsa.lifescript.com popup components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Lsa.lifescript.com and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Lsa.lifescript.com popup from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Lsa.lifescript.com and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing Lsa.lifescript.com popup from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Lsa.lifescript.com related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Lsa.lifescript.com popup from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to Lsa.lifescript.com. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from Control Panel or with antimalware programs (like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers (like RevoUninstaller).
Automatic Malware removal tools